cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annoying forum point

vic_newey
Grafter

annoying forum point

I read lots of different forums everyday & usually when you post & click' submit'
then your post appears whereas plusnets annoying ' click here to view your post ' is pointless & time wasting particularly as plusnets forum is always slower than most others
3 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

annoying forum point

I believe that this is down to the stanard behaviour of phpBB, and something that we didn't feel the need to remove when it was first integrated with the portals.
vic_newey
Grafter

annoying forum point

yes but that was back then & its pointless really & the forum is again loading slowly
& it has to load a page which we really don't need to see as I presume most posters will instantly take a look to see all is well

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran

annoying forum point

It is normal, but can be turned off if needed. We're not able to do this in these forums as it would require PlusNet developer intervention. It used to bug me alot but I guess you get used to it.

IIRC both the usergroup forums and PlusNetters don't have this turned on or they time out after a while.