cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am i paying to much :o

N/A

this is the product i curently have,
PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 1Mb - Original - original £29.99 (monthly)

however i see on the plusnet website that 2mb unlimited is 21.99. wtf is going on here??

whu am i paying so much?
19 REPLIES
N/A

Yes you are paying too much.

PN decided not to inform customers that they could get a similar product for less so they caould make more money!
N/A

How long has it been like this. Well i would hate to be part of the plussnet support staff right about now.
Alecto
Grafter

For many months. Ring up and get the free downgrade to Premier up to 2Mb straight away.
You won't get a refund though of what you've overpaid.
There's been many many posts about it on the forums, but there must be a lot of people like you still overpaying.
N/A

i have been with plusnet for many years now. and all i van say is im very disapointed. Very disapointed. i thougt plusnet took care if its customers.
Alecto
Grafter

They used to, then some guy took over - can't remember who or where from, but apparently this sort of behaviour was expected of him.
N/A

So did I - hence part of the reason for joining but isee now it is no longer true.

Continue reading the forum and you will see all sorts of "stealth action" behind the scenes.

Unfortuantely it appears that profit comes before customer satisfaction and honesty.

Work it out you have probably paid nearly £40 over the top in the last few months comapred to a new customer - so PN are not rewarding your loyalty.
N/A

I was in the same boat as you until I read the 'sticky' near the top of this forum:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28885

The second post from fa55dsl mentions the 'free' change of account from Home Premier.

- haven't seen it elsewhere (other than in other people's comments in the forum) so would harly say they are trumpeting it from the rooftops.

You won't get a refund though of what you've overpaid.

too true :roll:

Best of luck - and get the change done before your next billing.

Stuart
N/A

Thanks for the help and support guys. i have been upgraded to 2mb and downgraded to 21.99.
If it weren’t for you guys i would have probably gone on being ripped off by plus net. now i know they would have let it continue. Bring back Ian Wild!
N/A

For many months. Ring up and get the free downgrade to Premier up to 2Mb straight away.

Free downgrade?

They want to charge me £30 to downgrade to 2mb or £15 to upgrade to 2 mb
However, i can wait for bt to upgrade my line to 2 mb (sometime this month) and then downgrade for only £15
I start fulminating at this point. How do you get a free downgrade?
Would it be better to close my account then start again?
N/A

If your line isn't currently 2mb speed I believe you can go onto the "up to 2mb" product with your current speed for £21.99 and you will get the free upgrade to 2mb when BT/PN decide to look after all of their customers Smiley
Alecto
Grafter

Pn offered (somewhere on the forum, I think, and in an email that I saw) to let the old 1Mb and 2Mb customers who were paying £29.99 and £39.99 downgrade to the £21.99 Premier up to 2Mb package, for free. I've not heard that this offer has been stopped - and if it has, that's not very just in that Pn did not notify you of the new packages anyway, so how could you be expected to take advantage of the free downgrade within a certain time if you didn't know about it?

Don't know why they should want to charge you £14.99 to downgrade now.
N/A

I can 'upgrade' to 2mb now for £14.99 and continue to pay £29.99 per month (cheers to PN for that idea!)

Seems that someone is getting paid commission on new business but that there is no incentive to keep the existing customers happy. Consequently, what goes in the front door ends up going out the backdoor as a dissatisfied customer.
I used to go to a church that operated on similar lines. I dont think this situation is viable in either circustannce.
Alecto
Grafter

Doesn't make sense. Other people have downgraded for free.
Why not ask Dave T to look into it for you.
N/A

I think what is being said is :

You can change to the 21.99 Premier Package for free , but to upgrade now to 2MB it will cost £14.99 (though you can wait for the automatic upgrade to 2MB I assume).