cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am i getting this right - changes to my usage levels...

N/A

the announcement was long and confusing for me. I am a premier 2+ member paying £21.99 that joined in july last year. I use 15-20 GB per month primarily between 4 and midnight (newborn 2nd child means no late nights for me!)

post change , my 21.99 allows me to :
1. possibly surf at up to 8mb when PN/NT upgrade me
2. 15 GB peak time usage the 1st 10GB of which is full speed, then it slows down a lot when surfing between 4PM and midnight.
3. After midnight - no restrictions apply.

Question 1 - am i right?
Question 2 - if i am not happy with the changes once I try them out - what costs will i incur if i find a better offer elsewhere and want to leave?

I did search for an answer on these forums, but its a bit of a mess in here at the minute!

thanks to responders in advance for helping me understand the specifics of these changes !
14 REPLIES
N/A

i actually think plusnet's package is below that of wanadoo now - and since wanadoo are a joke isp that takes some doing.
N/A

i think you might be right it does look better the only downside is that its £6 dearer...
N/A

i really cant believe what has happened to plusnet. They have become the absolute joke of the isp industry. Their usage levels are now appalling and mirroring companies like tiscali and wanadoo.

It looks to me that they are now trying to align themselves with noddy users for a quick sale.
Community Veteran

skewiff, Yes, your understanding is correct.

As for the cost to leave, it depends on whether you migrated in or were a new activation, whether you took any free activation / hardware, whether you are on a monthly or annual contract.

@simmo33,

What Wanadoo package are you comparing it against. The £17.99 Plus Package only has 2GB usage 'guidance' limit so how can that compare to PlusNets?
N/A

the £27.99 one

30gb allowance - or it used to be - it was the reason i moved to plusnet
N/A

Hi

I was comparing it to broadbad max unlimited at £27.99 a month with a peak time of 6pm till 11pm...
N/A

lads . i dont want to spark another flame war. i know its emotive, but i am just trying to understand my facts, not join the PN bashing.

i migrated from BT and didnt need hardware. i am on a monthly contract. does this allow us to work out any costs i may incur?
Community Veteran

If you migrate out before your 12 months are up then you pay £14.99 (deferred migration in payment) + 1 additional monthly payment within your 30 days notice period as stated in the T&C. You can then request a refund for any paid for days aftyer the 30 day notice period.

If you leave after 12 months are completed the migrate in payment no longer applies.
N/A

thanks petervaughan , im clear now.

I can now measure its impact on me personally and make an informed decision.

thanks for all your help.
N/A

Also note that the SUP for the new premier-1 account is still 30Gb peak time.

The SUP and "alloted bandwidth" of 15Gb arent the same.
N/A

i actually think plusnet's package is below that of wanadoo now - and since wanadoo are a joke isp that takes some doing.

wizardpc,

Actually wanadoo ( or wanabe in my book ) offer a set 30GB limit. You dont get no off peak free usage or should I say "No set limits on off peak". So although you can only have 15GB for downloading during peak you can have 5 x or more this amount off peak with Plusnet. Where as with wanabe you get 30GB and thats t, game over your out.

Regards,
Community Veteran

Just remember - you have 30gb usage peak time

It is just that after the first 15, high bw apps like p2p and ftp will be blocked.

Other apps will be limited to 512 (still fast enough for browsing and voip etc)

Then the removal of restrictions outside peak time. This is FAR superior to the wannadoo fixed 30gb (all times) at a higher price.
shellsong
Grafter

It's all very well for you youngsters! I remember the days when all that stood between you and the horizon was contention-- and there you are comparing the polish on your favoured coprolites! :lol:
N/A

It's all very well for you youngsters! I remember the days when all that stood between you and the horizon was contention-- and there you are comparing the polish on your favoured coprolites! :lol:

I can remember when dail up was the norm, all that messing about just to try and squeze out a few more kilabites Cheesy

And all them £15.00 per month dail up accounts promising 24 hour usage with no restriction.
Well untill you did use it 24/7 and got kicked off for hogging the pipes. I got removed from 6 so called unlimited dial up accounts :lol:
Only AOL proved good to their word, but for games thay were rubish.
Thank the lord for asdl Cheesy