cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

allready change of terms and conditions ? joke or?

N/A

This email is to let you know that we are making some changes to your PlusNet Terms and Conditions. We are making them shorter and easier to understand, as well as introducing some new features to our network.

Summary of changes:

We have made a number of changes aimed at improving our relationship with our customers.

- Ensuring that our Terms and Conditions comply fully with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, giving you peace of mind when buying from us.
- Reinforcement of our commitment to giving you 'reasonable notice' of any changes, upgrades or alterations to the service.

We have also made a number of changes to the Acceptable Use Policy. The changes mean that we can continue to provide our customers with an excellent quality broadband experience, particularly during peak hours.

- Introduction of 'idle time-outs' for Broadband Plus and ADSL Home Surf customers only. This means that we will disconnect any sessions that are inactive for a period of thirty minutes. As long as your connection is in active use, you will not be disconnected. If you are disconnected you will be able to reconnect straight away. Please note that idle-timeouts will not be implemented on Premier, Pay As You go or Business accounts.
- Introduction of traffic prioritisation techniques to all broadband accounts. This will ensure that we can continue to deliver an excellent and consistent service, particularly at peak times, for customers using time-sensitive applications such as VoIP, email, web browsing and gaming.

not that it will probably affect my broadband experience much.
but I thought i was payng for a "always on" connection.
few months i've ben registered with plus.net and u allready changing things for the worse? if anything i was expecting improvements to the service....not downgrades.

33 REPLIES
N/A

I thought NDO were a shower of Link:Censored , but PlusNet plumb new depths of mediocrity.

Trying to play Counterstrike, but this useless bunch or air-thieves keep dropping my connection out.

Frankly, getting people to sign up then changing the terms and conditions to cut people off every half an hour is pretty Link:Censored low, even for by PlusNet's low standards. I *was* recommending them - until now.

Oh well, time to move ISP - again. Never know, might eventually find one that's not completely Link:Censored useless.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) attempt to bypass swear filter removed
N/A

I hardly think the timeout is responsible for the connection dropping, i mean the connection activity is constant whilst gaming isnt it?
N/A

Well, the good news is that most of your comments are missguided.

The new Terms and Conditions allow them to perform idle-timesouts on Broadband Plus and Home Surf.

The fact is, these are not currently in operation, nor are there any planned dates to bring them inot operation.

Have you looked into your connections problems as a fault with your equipment, or the exchange side, before placing blame on an area that isn't to blame?
N/A

These new Terms and Conditions will replace all existing Terms and Conditions on Friday 16th September 2005. We will assume that you accept these new Terms and Conditions unless you contact us by this date to indicate otherwise. If you do not wish to accept these new Terms and Conditions please use the Contact Us tool.

Wink
Metalguru
Grafter

Phillip (acarr).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

But.

Has it not been know in the past , for +Net to "Bring things in" and not actually tell the punters ................ till we find out for ourselves.
Community Veteran

Still the new terms and conditions only give plusnet the right to implement the idle timeouts in the future, they (idle timeouts) are not coming in from Friday. Also the idle timeouts would not be responsible for your connection dropping whilst in use hence the idle.

Are you losing sync (ADSL light on modem / router off / blinking) if so have a look at these:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10
http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

You will need to complete the tests detailed in the faults one before plusnet will be able to send your problem onto BT (if sync is the problem)
channel
Grafter

Honestly, PN have gone through the pain and anguish of changing their T&Cs to introduce the right for them to enforce idle timeouts. Do you really think they aren't going to implement it, just because they haven't given a date on which they will implement it? Purleeese.

I'm also continuing to be surprised at the number of times I see people on here suggesting ways of circumventing idle timeouts when they are introduce. Such circumvention would clearly be in breach of the T&Cs because you would be using the service in a way which could be detrimental to the network. On that basis, it would be sufficient justification for PN to chuck you off!
Community Veteran

Channel, if I have said plus aren't going to introduce them then tell me where and I will change it. Plus aren't going to do so yet but in the future if there is the need to then they have the option.
channel
Grafter

It was more aimed at acarr's comment. Apologies for insufficient quoting of preceeding post.
N/A

Has it not been know in the past , for +Net to "Bring things in" and not actually tell the punters ................ till we find out for ourselves

Well it is not something that we have ever had a policy of doing and let me state that the idle timeouts are not in place at the moment and I do not have a confirmed date as to when this will occur if it does, but as soon as I do I will let you all know.
N/A

i think he is speculating on the throatling of premier account as many customers sweared blind plusnet were doing it and plusnet were denieing it then few weeks later you admitted to it...

please note any referce of you is in conjunction with plusnet and not the individual cs member...

man am i on happy pills or what never been so nice to cs ppl since i been here.....
N/A

I point blank refuse to accept that anything other than PlusNet is the problem. I had 18 trouble-free months with NDO, only swapping to PlusNet because of price, pure and simple.

I was a diallup customer of PN some years ago - they were completely useless then and I see nothing has changed since.
N/A

Oh well fair enough at the end of the day if you refuse point blank to accept facts there is not much I can say, the idle timeouts have not been implemented. Secondly they are "idle" timeouts if you are playing an online game then your connection is not idle therefore would never be affected.

Of course the fact that your connection keeps dropping is a concern have you raised a ticket to the CSC as it may be something that we need to look into to stop this happening for you.
Community Veteran

I agree with channel to some degree, especially on any efforts to avoid idle timeouts.

I do think PlusNet have no imediate plans to put the idle timeouts into force, otherwise they would istantly be doing it from the change in terms and conditions, it is mainly for technical and development resorce reasons they are not impelementing it. I do think when they have the chance and need to enforce it they will.

If anyone is going to be affected by the idle time outs (not everyone is remember) and it is going to be a cause of problem (some people wont care) fo you then you should be rejecting the terms and conditions and looking for a new isp.

Chris