cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alleged spam

vegasking
Dabbler

alleged spam

I am having the problem that i know others are also having, the problem of bounced back emails when you haven't sent them in the first place. My question is can I set my email to just accept a few variants i.e me@whatever.plus.com & mywife@whatever.plus.com as this would solve my problem.

Thanks
6 REPLIES
MrToast
Grafter

alleged spam

If you haven't done so set up mailboxes for each address that you want to use (rather then letting everything go to the default mailbox). Do this under 'Email Settings'.

Then you can ignore the default box and its contents.

Hopefully someone will chime in and remind us how to send the contents of the default (or any other) box to the email blackhole as I've forgetten and would like to do this myself....
decomplexity
Rising Star

alleged spam

Chime chime...
You turn any 'unwanted' mailbox name other then the default mailbox into a redirect to blackhole@abuse.plus.net
You get PN to redirect your default mailbox
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
vegasking
Dabbler

alleged spam

Ok so I have set up two new mailboxes me@whatever.plus.com & mywife@whatever.plus.com. I have received confirmation that the mailboxes are set up but I can't understand the explanation Plusnet have sent. Do I have to do anything on my own pc? How do I dump the default mailbox and will mail that is only addressed to the two addresses now show on my pc.

Thanks
vegasking
Dabbler

alleged spam

I have set the mail up on my pc by adding mail etc
decomplexity
Rising Star

alleged spam

If you now have two email accounts on your PC (Outlook Express?) and these are the only email accounts (i.e. you don't have a mailbox referring to you default account), the only mail you will receive is that addressed to 'me' or 'mywife'. Your default account will then fill up with garbage and spam.
Before blackholing your default mailbox, PN will insist that you have a postmaster@whatever.plus.com mailbox on your PN mailbox list (you should also have one on your PC).
Just raise a ticket to get PN to blackhole your default mailbox (you may need to delete or process any existing mail already stacked up there - you can use webmail for this) - you yourself can blackhole any other mailbox name but not your default.
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

alleged spam

Alternatively you can create a forward of postmaster to one of your mailboxes.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)