cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl status.............

N/A

adsl status.............

from the sire

We have now deployed new Cisco routing equipment into our Telehouse datacentre. This will allow us to better monitor the LLU platform and more accurately diagnose any problems between Tiscali's network equipment and ours. We have also made minor configuration changes to reduce load on our ERX core routers.

In collaboration with Tiscali, We are continuing to analyse the test data received so far and further in-depth debugging has been scheduled for early on Tuesday morning. We will provide the detailed outcome of this testing on Tuesday, and will update this message again should any further information become available in the mean time.

now to me that reads "we STILL dont have a clue, its TISCALIS fault and you will have to merrily put up with this ever increasing problem." it also asks the question why they have to add more equipement, gives the impression all this llu was done on a shoe string, more like yoghurt pots and string!!!

all these so called investigations and tests and what not has made connections WORSE if thats possible!!! and just this week i get the advance notice email for my direct debit, hmmm, now maybe i should send pn an advance notice that i intend to bill THEM for my gprs usage on my mobile to pick up my email as i could not on my supposed UP TO 8MB ALWAYS ON BROADBAND CONNECTION!!
6 REPLIES
N/A

A Big Mess

I would call this - A BIG MESS !!!

as we stand now - we suffer continuos disconnections - - very slow or nearly nill service on p2p - -

upload using ftp is basically impossible ! there is no upstream speed this evening - - and i realy mean it - - 0 !!

LLU is a big mess - it has messed thousands of peoples connections - - those responsabile never tested it propely - and only an idiot could have put somenthing so faulty into this kind of service !!! nobody tested as it should have been - - and to make matter worst - - NOBODY HAS YET A CLUE OF WHAT IS WRONG ! AS IT IS WRONG FOR ME SINCE APRIL !! - - THAT IS 5 MONTHS !!!!!!!!! AND NOBODY HAS YET MANAGE TO FIX IT !!

a big mess !!

ray
N/A

adsl status.............

I am still on the BT network and have had problems since joining in July, so when you say "haven't a clue" you are dead right. Updating Firefox took so long I gave up and tried again at a later time, and it still took a very long time, about dial up speeds. So maybe Tiscalli is a handy scapegoat at present, but don't believe all you hear. We're not so daft us customers!
James
Grafter

adsl status.............

No, it's not a scapegoat. It's a major problem.

We're not trying to blame Tiscali for something they haven't done. We're blaming them for something they haven't fixed.

I'm not saying that the world outside of Tiscali is all rosy and has lots of green grass. It's not. There are problems elsewhere. But to say that we're using Tiscali as a scapegoat is just not true.
N/A

adsl status.............

I would not suggest you are, but Tiscali is mentioned and that in itself is individualising possible causes as if it is LLU specific, and it is not. I don't really care, I just want this situation to end. The days of dial up are now a fond memory and they shouldn't be.
James
Grafter

adsl status.............

But the message that Klarky was referring to is about a continual disconnection problem on the Tiscali network only. It doesn't talk about BT IPStream connections at all.
N/A

adsl status.............

Whatever.