cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account ceased and not migrated :(

N/A

i have amended ticket 20509092 and would appreatiate someone taking a look at it.

I have applied to seriouslyinternet with a mac code for migration, they have just emailed me to say that this has been delayed for a week, i asked them to check this out and they have said that there is a cease order on my account instead of a migration.

could someone be kind enough to inform me as to what the impact of this is and what i can do to go about migrating from plusnet?
8 REPLIES
N/A

Plusnet did this to me as well, but I was lucky enough to notice it before the cease was actioned, raised a ticket and got the cease cancelled.

If you can't get it stopped in time (check your service notes on the portal for the date it was actioned if you still have access to them), then you'll have to have a fresh connection and most likely about 7 - 10 days downtime (or more, if Plusnet don't remove the tag).

Either way, you'll still be leaving plusnet, just as the cease way takes much longer, and leaves you without any internet access for a while.
N/A

absolutely no mention of this in the service notes and so far i only have the word of my new isp. i have raised a ticket with plusnet, i just hope they action it before the cease is completed, being without internet for 7 to 10 days just isn't acceptable, especially if it transpires it is due to a mistake by plusnet.
N/A

Well, if Plusnet submitted a cease, then you should get something this in your ticket log (remember to select "All closed") :

The cease on X was submitted and accepted on Y. The requested completion date is Z.

If all you see is the MAC code you were sent, then the chances are that either BT have screwed up, or no cease actually exists.

(Unless of course Plusnet placed a manual cease, but I would guess that they would want it logged)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

You may be able to check if BT have an order against your line. Information here: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/order.htm
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

hmm this looks very confusing now, i have tried that website you suggested, couldnt get the web order checker to work but dialed the phone number mentioned on kitz. it came back saying there are no orders against the phone line, i am still not convinced however that this means there is no cease, i guess i just have to wait now for plusnet to respond to the ticket! thank you for your helpful comments and suggestions!
N/A

Ive not read all posts above, but in the event it hasnt been mentioned already, a cease on your also means you will need to pay for a new connection in one way or another.

Thats £47.
N/A

a lot of ISPs don't charge for a connection as long as you stay for 12 months.
Community Veteran

indeed, plusnet seem to think you stay we pay is much better though Sad bring back easystart is what I say at least you knew where you stood with that :roll: