cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing email

N/A

accessing email

sorry i`m no techie . I can send emails but i are`nt recieving any. Have checked my settings and they seem correct. Could somebody pls advise whats wrong :?
Kind regards
gary
5 REPLIES
N/A

accessing email

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forums.

Is your mail client giving any error messages and if so can you post them to the thread.

Have you tried Webmail via the portal to see if the emails are actually hitting your account.

Webmail can be accessed via the link from the Member Centre Communicate section on the left of the page.
N/A

accessing email

Hi - No error messages at all- just says no new messages.
Cant find any messages in webmail at all!!
I have a yahoo em acct and have sent to and from it today. The sent messages to the plusnet em arent showing , but yahoo rcvd the one i sent from plusnet acct.Has`nt been bounced back to yahoo either!
Community Veteran

accessing email

Have you set up any named mailboxes? if so then you have to use username+mailboxname and the password for the mailbox.

If you are just using username and password then you wont see any mail sent to a named box
N/A

accessing email

thanks John- i have tried with both just username and with username + name - no emails either way
Community Veteran

accessing email

You havn't said what email client you are using but I'll assume outlook or outlook express.
Have you tried completely removing all of the accounts from there and then reinstalling them.

I know that sounds daft but it has cleared this problem often in the past.

If that doesn't work then post what setings you are using here and well see if we can spot anything causing a problem.