cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel wierdness

SmellyWelly
Dabbler

Zyxel wierdness

I've just started using a Zyxel 2602HWL router. I have a mixture of wired and wireless connections to the router. All can access the Internet.

However, the wired clients can only see the wired clients and the wireless clients can only see the wireless ones.

I've just spent a couple of hours fiddling with the router config to no avail. Indeed, I tried even disabling the firewall.

Anyone out there who has any ideas?

Cheers

Nick
3 REPLIES
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Zyxel wierdness

Assuming that you are using Windows, do all the computers share the same workgroup name?
Is it possible that you have a different workgroup name on the wireless to the wired.

If you are using Win200 or earlier, you can change the workgroup name by right clicking My Computer, selecting properties, and making the change in Network Identification. If you are using XP, just run the Network Setup Wizard and make the change on the relevant page in there.

Hope that helps.
SmellyWelly
Dabbler

Zyxel wierdness

Hi Phil

Thanks for that.

All my machines are running XP and they all have the same workgroup name. The strange thing is that all machines could see each other when I was using different routers (Belkin, Netgear and Draytek). This is why I feel that the problem lies with the router.

Cheers

Nick
SmellyWelly
Dabbler

Zyxel wierdness

Just in case anyone else is searching in here for the solution to this problem, here it is.

Telnet into the router, choose option 1 (General setup) and set Bridging to Yes.

Works a treat now.

Cheers

Nick