cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneAlarm Probs?

N/A

ZoneAlarm Probs?

I am using the latest version of ZoneAlarm firewall - and definitely have serious problem at present with the Plusnet portal and other connections seem very slow. ZA don't seem to have any reported probs.

If I have ZA on then accessing the portal takes ages and the portal often only comes up with a 'Network Error - connection reset by peer in transfer loop ...".

Disable ZA and access times are reasonable and the portal is fine!!

I have experimented with both FRIACO and 0845 dial ins - with similar problems resulting.

Anyone else having such problems? Has anyone else with slow access times tried running both with an without the ZA firewall?

Not, I now think, a PlusNet problem - but I post here in case other users can enlighten.

I have also been getting agitated with PlusNet for poor access times - and so have others. Might this be a common problem?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ZoneAlarm Probs?

Hi Richard,

Please raise this issue via our 'Contact Us' system, we can then investigate further for you. We have a dial-up test machine here and will try to replicate your problem. Please let us have all the information you have regarding your problem.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Saturn
Grafter

> I am using the latest version of ZoneAlarm firewall - and definitely have serious problem at present with the Plusnet portal and other connections seem very slow. ZA don't seem to have any reported probs.
>
> If I have ZA on then accessing the portal takes ages and the portal often only comes up with a 'Network Error - connection reset by peer in transfer loop ...".
>
> Disable ZA and access times are reasonable and the portal is fine!!
>
> I have experimented with both FRIACO and 0845 dial ins - with similar problems resulting.
>
> Anyone else having such problems? Has anyone else with slow access times tried running both with an without the ZA firewall?
>
> Not, I now think, a PlusNet problem - but I post here in case other users can enlighten.
>
> I have also been getting agitated with PlusNet for poor access times - and so have others. Might this be a common problem?
>

I have used ZoneAlarm for some time now and have had no problems attributable to ZA. I've used it on a ConnectFree dial-up, the PlusNet dial-up and the PlusNet ADSL. I did have problems accessing the Discussion Forums yesterday, but nothing else. I'm sure this isn't a ZA problem. True to say the Plusnet Website is always very slow and I've seen a few comments in this respect before. I've been trying to obtain a comment from PlusNet, but they don't seem to want to comment. Again it doesn't seem to be a ZA problem.
N/A

> I am using the latest version of ZoneAlarm firewall - and definitely have serious problem at present with the Plusnet portal and other connections seem very slow. ZA don't seem to have any reported probs.
>
Zone Alarm appears to cause more problems than it seems to solve. I removed it from my machine.
N/A

Zone alarm will not allow me to access Plusnet's Portal unless it's security is set to medium. There is no need to turn it off. Don't ask me why.

Malki
N/A

> Re this ongoing prob would it be possible for PN customer support to result this issue by this means as it seems to be affecting a few of us. Unless you need all of us to raise a ticket.

Thanks
--
PCS-NI