idea for the mods

if a subject goes off topic - Lock it

if a user is rude - Lock it

if people slag each other off - lock it

have a post as a sticky

Happy Plusnet Customers

Unhappy Plusnet Customers

Leaving Plusnet Customers

then everyone with a good or a bad experience can post in the relevant one!

there are too many topics that people are unfriendly to another user and i feel this is wrong, put your point of view across, don't slate someone else because your view differs!
12 REPLIES
N/A

Zero Tolerance

Not a bad plan.

Perhaps the blatant reference to 2 long standing members of the forums could also be removed from a certain posters sig. Not necessary and unwarranted.
Community Veteran

Zero Tolerance

It would be a shame to have zero tolerance but if it calms things down I'm for it, after all only those who deliberately contravene the rules would have problems?
N/A

Zero Tolerance

Not a bad plan.

Perhaps the blatant reference to 2 long standing members of the forums could also be removed from a certain posters sig. Not necessary and unwarranted.

i think that this will be removed because as publically stated in another thread, tonite is

"feel da love " night on these forums - tomorrow is a different story
Community Veteran

Zero Tolerance

It is difficult to action a zero tolerence policy, it uses up far to many resorces and we simply don't have the time to read every single post.

Generally at the moment the forums aren't going too badly, we've all seen worse. If anyone has an instance of a particular problem that hasn't been looked at by a moderator please PM one of us.

Chris
N/A

Zero Tolerance

does anyone like cheese

lock it
N/A

Zero Tolerance

As Paul pointed out it would not work. If there was a thread with which I disagreed I would only have to post a diversion, or infringe the rules and that thread would be terminated! Come in the Daleks.
N/A

A Good Example

If you want an example of why this is a very good idea look at ... this thread.

Taking up the point that moderators don't have time to monitor everything it might be beneficial to have a 'contact moderator' link so that innocent third parties can suggest things that are getting out of hand.

John B
LiamM
Grafter

Zero Tolerance

Any of the mods can be contacted by PM, or I am happy for people to email me anonymously if they so wish. (liam@chriam.co.uk)
N/A

Zero Tolerance

least someone relised i wasnt being an ass

just putting the point accross at what ppl are like in these forums when they disagree with things are said look at the we love plusnet group and the we dislike plus group..............would never get a thread started or finished
Community Veteran

Zero Tolerance

Or this thread:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32908

It was actually a good thread until somebody spoiled it.
Community Veteran

Zero Tolerance

Any of the mods can be contacted by PM, or I am happy for people to email me anonymously if they so wish. (liam@chriam.co.uk)

Another option I have seen in other forums is a 'report post' button by each post, which would notify the mods of problem posts. These can be then edited / deleted or left as is depending on mod decision.
Community Veteran

Zero Tolerance

That would require development work from PlusNet to introduce such a system and as such it would not be very likely for this to be taken up.

Chris