cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your broadband will shortly be upgraded?

SimonJDay
Grafter

Good evening PlusNet Boardies.

About a week ago I received an email from PN stating "We're pleased to inform you that your broadband will shortly be upgraded to give you 'up to 8Mb' speeds."

I don't want to waste Customer Services time by sending them a ticket, but I have to ask, When?

I don't know whether this is just a ploy to keep me hanging on with PN (given their loose and misleading terms).

Is 'soon' days, weeks or months?

Can anybody clarify?

Thanks

Si.
51 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I assume you didn't pay the extra fiver to queue jump. If so then the order would have been placed the on Friday after you received the email (or that day if it was a Friday) and takes around a week to complete, so it should be done by this Friday.
SimonJDay
Grafter

*whistles* *shuffles feet*

I'm still waiting for my upgrade Plusnet.

I received the e-mail on 23rd October and haven't heard anything since? I've raised a ticket and was told "usually two weeks". It's now three. That magic word 'usually' eh?
N/A

It can be a bad thing - often it gives you an unreliable connection. At times I wished I'd stuck at the 2mb speed!
SimonJDay
Grafter

I know there's the chance of that from the various comments on the forum, but if I'm on PN's 8mb and they don't resolve their current issues, it means I can migrate to another ISP on 8mb, rather than joining the other ISP's que of people waiting to be upgraded.

The couple of ISPs I've spoken to have said that I can only migrate to a service with the speed I already have.
James
Grafter

Hi Simon,

I'd be happy to place an upgrade order for you, but the point you have made about only being able to migrate across on the same product isn't true. The gaining ISP would be able to select the service that they wished to provide you on.
SimonJDay
Grafter

Thanks for your response James.

The two ISPs I spoke to a couple of months back told me that, so maybe it was just them? Or maybe it was when BT were having their 'situation' with not keeping up with their line upgrades?

If you could place the order, I would be most grateful. Would it be better if I raised a further ticket?

Simon
N/A

Hi Simon,

I'd be happy to place an upgrade order for you, but the point you have made about only being able to migrate across on the same product isn't true.

It may not be true, but migrating like for like is certainly a requirement for a lot of ISP's offering free migration.
James
Grafter

Hi Simon,

I've placed the order for you, which should complete tomorrow.

Again, it would be an idea for you to leave your router off overnight, and perform daily reboots for ten days.
James
Grafter

Hi Planetdust,

I don't agree with that personally. An SP Migration costs (I think it still does) £11+VAT to perform, and an SP Migration with an included regrade also costs the same, so from my point of view, there's no reason why they wouldn't want to offer the opportunity of upping the service at the same time, free migration or no free migration.
SimonJDay
Grafter

James,

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Simon
N/A

Here's two off the top of my head:

NewNet

'To migrate to NewNet you must select a service that is the same level (speed and contention) as the service you currently have.'

Easynet

'You can only migrate a like-for-like service i.e. a 1Mb ADSL to 1Mb ADSL'

Some do not stipulate, but others do, so it is worth being aware of the fact.
N/A

The two ISPs I spoke to a couple of months back told me that, so maybe it was just them?

Which two were they?
James
Grafter

Definitely worth being aware of that. I'm just rather surprised that they do. When I was working at MetroNet, I believe we started doing sim regrades with migrations at least 18 months ago.
SimonJDay
Grafter

One of them was certainly Demon.