cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your broadband should be active in 5-7 working days.

N/A

... sent via email on 5 Jan 2006 10:27:38.

- but the order tracker is still on step 2 - 'we are checking your account details'

is this normal? who do I 'phone for help, as PAYG dialup is doing my head in...

sorry for the whingeing - hello people!
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The number you want is 0845 1400 200 ;-)
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

Could I ask how you chose to make the first payment? As if you chose direct debit, we'd have to wait for that to be setup by your bank first and it does cause the order tracker to linger on step two for longer than it normally does. If you're paying everything by card, then give the support centre a ring on the number above.
___oDiN__
Grafter

jon i know from experience that setting up direct debit only payment method can take upto 10 days to setup and users wont even start the broadband setup process untill this process has completed and then they have the 7-10 days usual wait period.

I for one would like that noted on the signup just to make people aware of the delay and maybe having a (*recommended) by the first payment on debit/credit card and rest via direct debit payment option to show that this is the fastest way.

what do you think?
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

It already does say something along those lines under each payment method.

Phil
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Found it. Here is what is says where you select your payment type.
Please choose how you want to pay for your account from the options below.

Direct Debit with my first payment on Credit/Debit card
Your account will be processed instantly
You can elect to pay your first payment with Credit/Debit Card. This means your account will be set up straight away, and payments will start to be taken from your Direct Debit as soon as your bank has confirmed the Instruction with us.

Pay by Direct Debit only
Your account will be processed in 3 to 5 days
Your account will be processed once your bank has approved your Direct Debit instruction in 3 to 5 working days.

Pay by Credit Card
I would like to pay by Credit Card only
Your account will be processed instantly
Pay for your account solely with credit card. We will debit your card automatically when you are due to be billed. Note that we can not accept debit card payments during sign up, this includes Visa Electron cards

Phil
N/A

yeah, I'm on the 'direct debit only' payment method, I noticed the bit on the payment choices page about putting the first payment on the credit/debit card, but unfortunately, I don't have either of those.

cheers for the replies, all... guess I'll just have to wait.