Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Views On A Live Support Option

sisgroup
Grafter

Dear PlusNet,

I think a great idea would be to place live support on your website so your customers are able to gain support with ease right from the portal and speak with a support agent in real time. As at the moment as many would agree with me when phoning into the support centre we have to wait unacceptable amounts of times i have been known to wait for over 1 hour for support agent to answer my call

I have a great support option www.phplivesupport.com this is great and powerful live support software witch would enable you to interact with all your customers with great ease and it will properly lower call volumes into the call centre.

Warmest Regards
Dean
19 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

id rather they invested the time and money in the network and speeds to be honest, usenet springs to mind and capacity, not that the idea isnt a good one though
N/A

haha nice idea in practice but i think Plusnet is somewhat like the titanic.

They think they can do what they link and won't Sink but the reality is far from it and this is sad.

They dont have the man power for this and tbh i dont think there able to recruit CSC staff fast enuf and get them trained up as is as the call waiting times are pretty poor as is.
sisgroup
Grafter

True but i carnt say i use the USNET thingy, but i do contact support allot as my speeds go rather funny and things. So i guess in order to get the support for your USNET you have to have a good support response in order to find out what is going on right Wink
N/A

PlusNet have much more urgent problems I'd rather see sorted Live support would be very low on my lists of improvements

I just want to know what I'll get for my 21.99 Premier subscription

Seems Premier is slowly being erroded away Usnet going what next

Although I raely use Usenet it's another service gone.... Sad
sisgroup
Grafter

True but this is an ongoing problem PlusNet have with all customers. No one can get thought to them it takes ages in peak time very frustrating people just haven't got the time to wait for them to answer Cry We all have better things to do than sit on the phone all day wasting money on a national rate number we pay for in our connection subscriptions charges :x

Hence i pay £24.99 PCM Shocked
___oDiN__
Grafter

actually its local rate and live support would still only have a finite number of people
sisgroup
Grafter

actually its local rate and live support would still only have a finite number of people

I know this option works as a great customer support option, because it works on my websites and i find that customers dont call the support centre as much as they would if the live support system wasnt there.
sisgroup
Grafter

What do others think? :?:
N/A

I don't think live support would bring any benifit whotsoever. They have live support on AOL but they always end up reffering you back to the call centre. It is just a waste of resources.

I think the current Plusnet system is fine but they need a little more manpower as stated in other posts.
sisgroup
Grafter

Thank you manc100 for your views on this i just think it has proven to work very well for my company and just thought i would raise this and see how it got on Cheesy

The good thing about live support system is they dont have to be in the call centre like they do at the moment they can train a team of live support agenst up and then they can work from home or at thier work with speacil permittion to side track if a PlusNet Live support call came in Smiley
N/A

Hmmm I can't see Plusnet allowing their staff to be all over the place. How would they access customer information and handle data protection?
sisgroup
Grafter

Well its just a little live support monitor they would acsess via the internet or throught a .NET programme and when users click to chat it pops up on thier screen the same as it would if you were calling into the support centre the browser window even rings like a phone Cheesy
N/A

They have live support on AOL but they always end up reffering you back to the call centre. It is just a waste of resources.......

Indeed.

"We are always happy to help a member.
In respect of this query, please call.........."
Evil

In my experience, AOL Live Help, was one of a number of routes to their customer support, that invariably led to them asking that you ring.

I used Live Help once and was asked to telephone. I rang and was told that the section concerned didn't accept phone calls and I needed to e-mail. Evil

I think you're right, that it's primarily the manpower rather than the system, that is causing poor customer support at Plusnet.

One of the dangers of too many support routes, in my opinion, is that it can lead to customer queries being "passed elsewhere" internally, with nobody taking ownership of the customer's problem.
sisgroup
Grafter

"We are always happy to help a member.
In respect of this query, please call.........."
Evil

If you would kindly wait 1 hour or more on the line so we can get more money out of you

In my experience, AOL Live Help, was one of a number of routes to their customer support, that invariably led to them asking that you ring.

But we are talking about AOL here they are worse than PlusNet.

I used Live Help once and was asked to telephone. I rang and was told that the section concerned didn't accept phone calls and I needed to e-mail. Evil

This is where live support come in better and its in live time and the agent is more likly to solve them issues there and then

I think you're right, that it's primarily the manpower rather than the system, that is causing poor customer support at Plusnet.

Yes they are poor even thought they say at the beginning of the phone call to the support centre. "We always ensure we have the current number of support agents in order to meet the call volumes in order to awnser your call more afficinatly" total crap. The must sit eating biscets and drinking tea.

One of the dangers of too many support routes, in my opinion, is that it can lead to customer queries being "passed elsewhere" internally, with nobody taking ownership of the customer's problem.

Well personal i would get ride of the phone system becuse it never gets awnserd. You only get it awnsered at around 2am in the morning if your lucky even then your still waiting for 10 mins. Now who the hell is up at that time calling PlusNet apart from mad me.:?