cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You people are gonna hate me but WELL DONE PLUSNET......

N/A

Now I have had the same problems as everyone else over the last 3 months regarding speed issues etc....

I made a complaint on the forum two days ago because I had enough of dropouts, low line speeds etc but with Plusnets help its all been sorted - THANKYOU.

I've been with Plusnet for about 6 years and dont really want to move but the recent BT buyout worries me slightly. Through experience BT are rubbish and in the past have cost me a lot of money. Also BT support (indian call centres) never get anything right. So will anything change and will plusnet tell me in time so that I can move out to another ISP.

Thanks again.

---------------------------------------
I hate BT Evil
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: You people are gonna hate me but WELL DONE PLUSNET......

I made a complaint on the forum two days ago because I had enough of dropouts, low line speeds etc but with Plusnets help its all been sorted - THANKYOU.

Can we have the story please (it may help others).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

I have 3 accounts (all MAXdsl 8mb).

I have had 1 8mb account for many years but decided to upgrade the other 2 from 2mb to 8mb.

I had nothing but problems with the 2 upgrades for some reason.

I use the lines for my business (SQL Replication) and general surfing for 80 users so during the day its got to be quite fast for obvious reasons.

Over the last 3 months the line has been dropping knocking out my replication causing my accounts and case management systems to crash out and delaying sync updates on my servers.
This is my business and its cost me money if its fails.

So I lost my rag and complained. Now I dont use these lines in the evening so I cant speak for everyone but now during the day i'm getting good speeds and no dropouts.

So at the moment i'm a happy bunny....
N/A

WOW - 7460kb download from my Software Partner.......COOL!
thePhoolish
Grafter

I think the more accounts you have with them the more they'll do for you.

I had a friend who had an IPCam business and I think he had over 10 accounts, he got pissed off with the drop outs and speed to decided to leave, they practically begged him to stay but he left anyway. You can't blaim him, it cost him hundreads if not thousands in lost business. I certainly won't be adding him to my referal list the way things are currently going with Plusnet
johnmglen
Grafter

I'm not surprised that you have praised Plus Net. I have a lot of time for the service and the support 99% of the time. Lately however, I must confess to feeling a bit worried, speed generally is getting worse and there doesn't seem to be an answer. I think we are just suffering from an oversubscribed infrastructure and until 'bigger pipes' are put in nationwide, this will be commonplace with all ISPs.

Just my 10 penneth worth.
N/A

Gradually Steadily things are getting Better .... keep it going!!!
Fixes: 115

Re: You people are gonna hate me but WELL DONE PLUSNET......

My experiences have found that a little patience, perseverance and getting hold of the right person within PN is all you need.

I'm glad your problems have been sorted, too.

Regards

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

And if all else fails James, Liam or Mand will sort you out.
Fixes: 115

Don't forget that, probably, the majority of posters here only do so when they have a problem or to give advice to someone else.

But not enough people do post when their problems have been resolved, especially giving details of how the resolution was achieved. This would aid others in getting their issues sorted, give some hope during desperate times and allow PN a pat-on-the-back when justified.

Regards

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Snarf
Grafter

And if all else fails James, Liam or Mand will sort you out.

Oooerrr! :shock:
johnmglen
Grafter

I'll second that - Mand sorted my Dad out Tongue :lol: