Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You might be connected to Plusnet via a reseller

Saturn
Grafter

Just tried a speed test using ADSLGuide and it reported the following:

"Note: you may be connected to PlusNet via a reseller such as Charitydays or Supersurf.net."

What does that mean?
4 REPLIES
N/A

They probably use a reverse dns lookup on your IP address to guess what ISP you are with. There will be a set of IP's which are known to not be core PlusNet ones, but rather ones assigned to the virtual ISP's PlusNet has. It looks as if for whatever reason you are now assigned one of those IP's.
Community Veteran

They are (or possibly were) two virtual ISPs using PlusNets network )i.e. they are not fully fledged ISPs, they just sold ADSL but used PlusNets network.. Force9 (f9) and , freeonline (fo) are also PlusNet vISPs.

Nothing to worry about. It's possible the IP address you are on may have been used by those 2 vISPs in the past.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

We provide the network infrastructure for CharityDays (they are a seperate company based in Chesterfield) so their customers IP addresses will come from the same pools of IP's that PlusNet, Force9 and Free-Online customers do (Metronet's are seperate). Supersurf doesn't exist anymore so not sure why that's there.
Saturn
Grafter

Thanks all. I was merely curious that it shows the caveat now, whereas it didn't in the past. I had already confirmed I was currently connected direct to PN but I just like to know if anything is around the corner. Sad to say but you never know with PN these days.