cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yippiedoo! Its a **10gb** limit now on my "Unlimted&quo

ed
Grafter

Yippiedoo! Its a **10gb** limit now before your 2mbps "Unlimited" Premium slows down :/ (sarcasm mode on!)

"light restrictions to your connection speeds that come into force should you reach 10GB"

Full e-mail here incase you didn't get yours yet....

As a Broadband Premier customer, you receive a monthly peak-time usage
allowance of 15GB. This allowance ensures that everyone gets a fair
of our network resources during peak hours (4pm - Midnight).

Learn more about peak-time allowances -
http://portal.force9.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtm
l

Your peak-time usage for this billing month* just exceeded 8GB.

Although this is not more than your allowance, we wanted to make you
aware
of light restrictions to your connection speeds that come into force
should
you reach 10GB. These restrictions help you to stay within your
allowance,
and ensure that all customers receive the best possible quality of
service.

See a breakdown of your usage so far this month -
http://portal.force9.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php

Remember, we don't count any of your usage outside of peak hours, and
the
restrictions on speed only ever apply in peak times. You may be able to
increase your peak-time usage allowance by upgrading -
https://portal.force9.net/upgrade_process.html

Thanks for your understanding. For more information about peak-time
management, follow the above links.

Kind Regards,
Force9 Customer Support

This email has been sent as it contains important information about your
service from Force9. Please do not reply to this email, as this is an
unmonitored address.

* A billing month ends on the day you are charged for your next month's
service.

Reference E0189
9 REPLIES
tonymunro
Grafter

Re: Yippiedoo! Its a **10gb** limit now on my "Unlimted

* A billing month ends on the day you are charged for your next month's
service.

This little bit at the end of their email to you ain't quite the whole truth though!

If restrictions are applied to your account apparently they are NOT lifted at the end of the billing month BUT on the day your payment clears in the bank! Evil
JonathanW
Grafter

That used to be the case until the start of April, when we rolled out the start of the ellacoya automation. This makes the whole management process more fluid, meaning that if management needs applying to your account it doens't have to wait for a process to be manually run, but the ellacoyas do it themselves every hour. This is the same for lifting of management, once your account hits its billing date, in just the same way as VMBU data is reset.
N/A

I presume this restriction is for P2P, Usenet and FTP only at this stage as the SUP is actually 30Gb for Option 1?
okmbok
Grafter

F*** what the hell am I on?
:roll:
tonymunro
Grafter

That used to be the case until the start of April, when we rolled out the start of the ellacoya automation. This makes the whole management process more fluid, meaning that if management needs applying to your account it doens't have to wait for a process to be manually run, but the ellacoyas do it themselves every hour. This is the same for lifting of management, once your account hits its billing date, in just the same way as VMBU data is reset.

Well I suggest you let CS operatives know this then. I was told by one of them only a few days ago that restrictions on my account would not be lifted until my direct debit had actually cleared with F9.

Another example of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing :?
N/A

Got that email too, complete and utter bollox, looking around at ispreview etc for a new isp,
N/A

Hello,

I think that the real problem here is the confusing level of conplexity, first of all 1) there are numerous account types or product types 2) monthly allowences are different on each product type 3) the peak time useage or peak time allowences vary according to product which doesnt help.

**I think F9 have made abit of a rod for their own backs here with this, its obvious that many customers are confused as to what there allowence is & when restricions or management techniques start to kick in.

**Clearly F9 support agents have given inconsistent information to users i.e. one agent has said one thing & the policy says another, result more confusion.

**I think F9 PlusNet havent helped their customers due to this complexity, the allowences & limits, action's taken etc need to be simplified further, in other words allowences & peak & non peak etc is still to confusing for alot of people IMO.

**How about one policy that fits all cutomers?? irrispective of product or account type?? would that be workable?? Something needs to be changed inorder for customers to be able to understand the policy, the policy needs to be simplified futher if thats possible.

Ivan
N/A

At long last... goodbye F9 :-D

Like a lot of you out there I have decided to move ISP's :-)

When I joined F9 a couple of years ago the service was good, and well recommended by other people. In the last year the service has steadily gone down hill, one presumes, partly because of a total lack of investment.
This 15 (sorry 10) Gb limit was the last straw for me! What total utter bull$#!T!!
So au revoir Force9. It was good while it lasted......
ed
Grafter

OK I hit the 15gb limit now :/

I hit the 15gb limit today and now my download speed has dropped to 512kbps Sad

I don't know what my upload speed is it seems slower too. Can anyone at F9 tell me if upload has been throttles below 256kbps?

It's killed my game server everyone moaning of lag and leaving :/

Dear F9 can you add port 7171 to you game server stats because it must be showing as other on my usage stats because gaming stopped going up once I moved the Quake service off peak (on the 1st of the month coz i expected billing to start then - silly me) :/

Gaming below is Quake
Other seems to be Tibia (7171) and DOS attacks