cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another VMBU query

MrF

Yet another VMBU query

I’ve been Maxed for a couple of weeks now and appear to have a rock solid connection. My stable rate is showing as 8000kbps and best of all I don’t appear to have had any of the problems that many seem to be experiencing. All in all I’m very happy with the service Plusnet have provided, however I can still see the old VMBU so my question is - Do I have to do anything to enable the new VMBU to appear?

Also I’ve noticed that according to my Account Settings (and my monthly payments to Plusnet) I still appear to be on the ‘ADSL Home Self Install (Annual Contract)’ product. I thought that this was now defunct and not supported anymore. Do I need to upgrade to ‘Broadband Premier Option 1’ or will this be done automatically at some time in the future?
7 REPLIES
thehatman
Grafter

Yet another VMBU query

Maybe you know this, but if you bookmarked the old the address for the new is slightly different at the end. Try this:

https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php

See the php.
MrF

Yet another VMBU query

I have actually tried this a couple of times before after I read about the change on these forums however every time i try it just reverts back to index.html rather than index.php.

Many thanks anyway

Chris
N/A

Yet another VMBU query

If your account hasn't been changed to the new VMBU page yet, it could be that its due to happen on your next payment date. (I think this happens seperately to the Max upgrade) If it doesn't change at your next bill date, then it could be that you need to raise a ticket to get your account done manually.
MrF

Yet another VMBU query

Thanks James

I'll wait and see then as my billing date due fairly soon. I don't download a great deal anyway so I don't see myself going over any limits

Chris
Mand
Grafter

Yet another VMBU query

Hi

We expect to have all customers, regardless of account type, on the new VMBU by the end of the week. You do not need to do anything at all Smiley

A Service Status regarding the current situation will be issued shortly.
MrF

Yet another VMBU query

Even Better Cheesy

Thanks Mand
Eserim
Rising Star

Yet another VMBU query

theboat - I'd keep quiet, with complaints coming in from loads of users over the accuracy of the new tool (in my case 100% over the old readings) you will be better off staying on the old tool - that way you can't get "managed" when the new tool says you have used bandwidth you haven't.

Plus Net say (in reply to tickets) they know there is an issue, but have failed (yet again) in its communications and management - nothing official has been posted here and users are still getting "managed" based on the new tools figures.