Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YahooGroups Emails

N/A

YahooGroups Emails

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask !

Is anyone else not receiving mailings from YahooGroups today ? I normally get dozens but today nothing.

I sent a test post to one list and have no message back from Yahoo telling me to reset my account or anything.

I looked on the awful Yahoo web page and it seems my test along with many other emails are there but I am not getting any sent to my Plusnet email address. I really do not want to read any of the emails using a web browser on the Yahoo site.

Is there a known problem with Yahoo/Plusnet ATM and will real emails start to arrive soon ?

Bill.
7 REPLIES
N/A

YahooGroups Emails

Do you use Symantec AV?

There's a story here (the register) about some problems Symantec have been having.
N/A

YahooGroups Emails

Do you use Symantec AV?

No. I have no firewalls or security software at all. I use an Amiga One not a PC so don't need them.

I am just not getting any list emails from YahooGroups, other email and test emails to myself get through.

I see mail appearing on the lists (mine included) on the Yahoogroups site but none is being sent to me.

Somewhere the mails are not reaching PlusNet, other email is but nothing from YahooGroups.

I checked my settings at Yahoo and they seem fine I should be receiving individual emails to my PN address ?

Strange.

Bill.

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

YahooGroups Emails

Just downloaded my emails for the day and I have several from yahoo groups that I belong to. I have noticed in the past there can be a delay of a couple of hours between posts appearing on the group web page and getting them in my inbox. Also check on your main account page that yahoo havn't disabled your email address because of bouncing emails - this has happened to me in the past and you just have to send a confirmation email to your own address

Paul
m063
Grafter

YahooGroups Emails

Twice in the past few months I have had Yahoo groups stop mailing me because of a hard bounce. Eventually each time I got an email asking me to reactivate.

You might want to visit http://groups.yahoo.com/myprefs and look at the bounce history to see if this is your problem.

Irritating but not so much that I bothered raising a ticket.
glyndev
Grafter

YahooGroups Emails

I have been having the same problem.

But just got about 5 messages through and it seem that it is at yahoos end as people in other countries are having problems
N/A

YahooGroups Emails

Twice in the past few months I have had Yahoo groups stop mailing me because of a hard bounce.

First thing I thought of. That's why I sent test messages then you get a return mail telling you to do that. All my tests got through to the Groups.

Why raise a ticket? I just asked is anyone else having the same problems.

I have been having the same problem.

But just got about 5 messages through

I just got three in now, none between last night and 7pm today have come through though. So it looks as if older mails are lost or you have to go to that dreadful Yahoo website now to read them :-(

Hopefully mail will now get through but it would be interesting to know why it stopped and will missing mail arrive later.

Bill.
N/A

Update

It seems it is not just PlusNet nor just people in the UK that are losing YahooGroup messages.

Now mail is flowing again the topics seemto be about missing mail, such as this fro a guy in the US.

"Notice some of the posts to the list aren't making it out via email--yet
they're showing up at the website."

So its not just us !