cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS !!!

N/A

It's now more than 3 weeks since I last had broadband access.

I've finally lost patience with Plusnet and requested my MAC code from them last Friday (14th July) morning.
Due to their incompetence I can only go online from my place of work (risking severe implications for abusing the company internet guidelines) and so I didn't receive their reply (posted Friday evening) until Monday morning.
They confirmed that someone in the faults team was dealing with my fault and would provide me with an update shortly (still waiting). If I'd still ike to leave would I prefer a MAC key (as I'd requested) or just to have the service terminated.
I told them that I would like a MAC key and would like it as soon as possible so that another ISP can get be back to the 21st century!
Imagine my surprise this morning to receive the following reply...

Dear Mr ******,
I'm afraid it is not possible to provide you with a MAC code for migration as you are not currently being provided service through BT Wholesale, but an LLU supplier and therefore no migration key can be generated.

Please advise if you still wish for the service to be terminated.

Now, this is the LLU supplier that I was transferred to without giving my consent (I've checked all my previous emails and was never offered the chance to opt out) and have so far been unable to receive any internet connection through.

I've been unable to contact customer services (surprise, surprise) but I assume that this means...
a) I will have to serve a 1 month notice period with no internet access.
b) I will still be expected to pay Plusnet for all of the "down" time.
c) When the notice period has been completed I will have to chase up Plusnet customer services to remove the marker from the line.
d) I will have to pay my new ISP a fee to reactivate my line (once the marker is removed).

This is unacceptable!

I'd begrudgingly pay a small fee to get me back online NOW because I am missing my connection!!!

Is anyone else in a similar situation and if so how do you intend to resolve the matter.

If anyone from Plusnet is reading this please contact me with a sensible solution. It is because of your actions that I have no internet access and yet you are unwilling to accept any responsibility. I don't want to take you to the cleaners ... I just NEED to be back online!
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You do have to wonder what goes through the minds of the top brass at PN when they read threads like this.

Is there any wonder that their shares are in freefall when they actually allow situations like this to exist?

I believe PN were helping people out in your situation, in the fact that they have switched you to another network, therefore lumping you with extra costs to move to another supplier, extra costs that you would not have incurred before.

Though that was some time ago and I'm not a regular here any more, so the stance may have changed.

It certainly seems this is another example of how PN are managing their business on a very very reactive basis, flitting from one policy/decision to another, with no sense that all departments are fully involved or even fully aware of what the hell is going on.

Why were you not provided with that information when you forst raised the issue - indeed, is it the fact that you have been moved to LLU that has caused the issue in the first place..

It certainly seems like chaos rules at the moment.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Hmm, deja vu - seems like that is another LLU transfer they've screwed up. Seems to be an ongoing trend doesn't it?

Well PlusNet said that they'd ensure no-one was financially disadvantaged if they forced someone over to Tiscali, and a user subsequentially wanted to move. I wonder if that has ever been honured? (search the forums and I'm sure you'll find the postings). Though since PlusNet don't recognise the forums as an official source of support, I am sure that means they can lie on here and change their mind.

Why they didn't wait until a migration path was in place (or even able to sucessfully transfer across in the first place) is anyone's guess? Oh I guess the words 'profit' and 'pre-signed deal with Tiscali' apply here?
N/A

Does anyone know when the last batch of customers were put forward for a change to LLU.

I'm referring to the post :-

'the internal problem was resolved on June 14th.'

How many customers were referred to LLU after this date and have they been informed as promised after this date.
Community Veteran

Why they didn't wait until a migration path was in place

It has been mentioned on the forums here there is now an LLU transfer scheme in place, so the advice from PN is also wrong in thie regards ... they can issue a MAC for a person on LLU.

@steveandlou, you really need to write the a s h i t t y letter, send it recorded delivery to the Customer Service Manager.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Oh I guess the words 'profit' and 'pre-signed deal with Tiscali' apply here?

I concur with that, I'm also on an LLU exchange (without any pre-notification from PN on or consent on my part). I have asked to opt out of it, the question have remained unanswered for a couple of weeks. And my connection as a whole has been not working for more than six weeks now. Yet, I am reluctant to leave PN, because I fear experiences the original poster has... what to do?

Kind regards,

M.
N/A

Why they didn't wait until a migration path was in place

It has been mentioned on the forums here there is now an LLU transfer scheme in place, so the advice from PN is also wrong in thie regards ... they can issue a MAC for a person on LLU.

@steveandlou, you really need to write the a s h i t t y letter, send it recorded delivery to the Customer Service Manager.

SW.

I think this has now been ammended to only those ISPs who are part of the trial transfer scheme. Don't know if there is a list of the trial members.
N/A

I had the same problem as you steveandlou. I was off for 5 weeks by the time PlusNet put me back on BT wholesale and it works now.

What PlusNet will do is retry putting in an order with Tiscali, and when that doesn't work put you back on BT wholesale. I reckon another 2 weeks I am afraid.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It's pretty pointless there being a transfer scheme, when it relies on the new ISP accepting it, and the CSC agents being trained to know of its existance so the appropriate code can be obtained via a ticket.

They clearly have not been hence the OP's response.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Surely something can be done to stop this fiasco. It cannot be legal for any service provider to chage for a service they are not providing and at the same time putting obsticles in the way to stop customers leaving.

Did'nt OFCOM pull Bull Dog up over the very same thing a while back?