cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox live - Joining others who have PlusNet...???

N/A

I on a plus.net premier account. When I usually host games on xbox live I have no problems at all. Until recently, one on my friends list also has plus.net premier, when he joins me, the connection goes crazy lagging all over the shop. When he hosts and I join him, same for me. If we get some one else to host and both join the connections are fine. Game we are playing is Rainbow 6:Black Arrow.

I have checked my router and opened all the correct ports for live.

This leads me to believe that there is an incompatibility problem between both our plus.net accounts. Is this maybe something to do with the major alterations lately? Traffic Shaping?

Anybody else have problems like this or a solution maybe...

Thanks

Jackerl

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All capitals title made lower case. Please don't use all caps as its akin to shouting.
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Jackerl,

That's not something I've seen before and I'm not sure what to suggest as I don't know what the cause would be.

One thing I would suggest is that you run a tracert to your friend before you start the game and during and see if that shows up where the lag is occuring.
N/A

How would I go about running a tracert over xbox live?

J
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I don't know if you can do it via the XBox (I have a PS2), but you can do it from your PC instead.

Open a command prompt (start -> run -> cmd) and typr

tracert x.x.x.x

where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your friend.
N/A

What routers are you using ?

XBOX Live can have real problems with some combinations of NAT routers, one of the reasons why I got an 8 block IP. Such that I can assign seperate public IPs for both my XBOXs.

Although NAT problems usually manifest themselves as not been able to connect and/or no voice.

Can you host a full server no problem but when your friend connects it lags ?

Black Arrow is notourious for having flakey netcode, and if you are running the server at near capacity for your line, a dodgy connection between peers can tip it over the edge.
N/A

I have a speetouch 510 router. Never, ever had any problems hosting before.
Everybody else if fine, just this one guy who is also on plus.net premier has major lag. A conection rating of 1 star. I have had americans in with a 2 star.

When I join him, everybody else if fine, but I then get a 1 star rating.

I can host perfectly well when the other plus.net is out of the room.

V.Strange seeing that we are both on the super quality plus.net premier.

J