cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBOX 360 MTU error

N/A

XBOX 360 MTU error

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my XBOX 360 connecting to XBOX Live.I'm wondering if anyone could help me, so here goes.

I have succesfully connected to XBOX Live until today, I have not made any changes to my router or XBOX 360 but I see an MTU failed when testing the connection on the XBOX 360. I am currently using the microsofr wireless adaptor with the XBOX 360, I have also tried the wired method. However I keep getting this MTU error. I have even tried changing my MTU to 1364 but with no luck.

I am not sure what to do now but the status code I get is as follows:

w: 0000-0021

x: 0000-f001

y: 0000-0000

z: 0000-0000

I am using a belking router and the firmware version is F5D7632v1.UK.1.00.09 (Oct 18 2005 14:12:32)

Hope someone knows how to solve this as my XBOX Live has worked until today and I would like to get back up and running. Thanks

Regards,

Jon
10 REPLIES
N/A

XBOX 360 MTU error

am having xbox live issues here as well

netgear router tho

My mates also having an issue too

was goin' on??

my line nearly always gets over 5meg on speed tests but am getting about 500kb-1meg at the mo
N/A

XBOX 360 MTU error

are you having XBOX Live issues with your MTU when trying to connect, I can't actually connect as it fails at that point.I've never had a problem before until today.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

XBOX 360 MTU error

Not sure whether it's related, but a load of Microsoft sites were down earlier for 15-20 minutes, not sure why that would mean it's not working now, unless they are still having problems. I'd suggest first to ensure you've rebooted everything just in case, I'll keep a look out to see if I can see any other reports of problems.

copford is your mate on PlusNet or another ISP?
N/A

XBOX 360 MTU error

he's on plusnet too!
N/A

XBOX 360 MTU error

I've never had a problem with it till tonight....

am normally over 5.5meg on this site
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

XBOX 360 MTU error

What do you get on http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

I'm not sure how much I trust speedtest.net right now, it's been having some problems recently. I'm getting 6702kbps on BBMax but 1014kbps on speedtest.net

Just had a quick scan across a few xbox newsgroups but can't find any other reports of problems, do you get the same type of error message? If you can post the error that may help it tracking down the cause.
N/A

XBOX 360 MTU error

hmmm... getting this....

Download Speed: 5992 kbps
Upload Speed: 382 kbps

and now getting this here

I also tried the old adslguide one (whatever its called now!) and got over 5
N/A

XBOX 360 MTU error

Well when I test the XBOX 360 connection it gets to testing MTU and then fails and doesn't continue any further, I can then view the info for MTU and view the status code which shows as the following:

w: 0000-0021

x: 0000-f001

y: 0000-0000

z: 0000-0000

Hope that helps, i'm also looking on the net to try and find answers, but I did notice that microsoft had issues earlyier as I managed to connect but kept getting booted off due to technical issues and since then I haven't been able to connect at all. I have tried rebooting everything and even plugging the XBOX in via cable but the MTU error still appears.
N/A

XBOX 360 MTU error

anyone know whats causing this?, I'm going to try again after work tonight.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

XBOX 360 MTU error

Spoke to a couple of others seeing problems and the consensus seems to be the problem with Microsoft yesterday afternoon. Let us know how you get on tonight.