cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow, things just get funnier.....

N/A

What i understand happens, but dont quote me on this, you have to make the full payments, however when your account is downgraded you will recevie a refund for the remaining time. To recevie this you would have to keep your DD or Credit Cards details upto date on the portal.

Again, i would double check this! Cheesy
13 REPLIES
sjnett

I have moved from F9, due to lack of support as everone else.... and this is just amazing.

Have moved to another provider.
Your comment 5:50pm, Thursday 27th July 2006

I would like this to be changed to PAYG Dial up - dont need ADSL anymore - so needs totally cancelling please.

Thanks

xxxxxxx CSC Agent 	1:09pm, Friday 28th July 2006

Dear Mr X,
We are sorry that you wish to leave. Please take note of the following:

Your account has been scheduled for a downgrade to a free account on 20.09.06

We take your feedback very seriously, and would be grateful if you could help us to improve our service by completing an online survey at:

http://www.plus.net/go.html/yourfeedbackmatters

Completing this survey will provide you with an opportunity to feedback on your experience with us and will be used to help us improve our service in the future.

Regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.force9.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 3:05pm, Friday 28th July 2006

please can i ask why the downgrade ius scheduled for the 20th september ??? That is 2 months away ....

I will be cancelling my direct debit soon, my account is paid up until 22/08/06.. Would that not be a more appropriate "downgrade date"

Brace yourselves, here comes the funny part....

xxxxxxx CSC Agent 12:51am, Saturday 29th July 2006

Dear Mr X
The reason for this, is due to you needing to give us 30 days notice, as your next billing date falls within that period and we do not take part payments we have arranged for the account to be downgraded at the end of that billing cycle.

Regards

Force9 are now complaining that because my 30 days notice falls after my next billing date that i have to pay for the entire month, as it states above "We dont not take part payments"

Surly 30 days notice to cancel a contract, once im out of that contract, why should i pay? It isnt my fault "F9 dont take part payments"

As far as im concerned at the end of the 30 days notice period, my account should be cancelled, downgraded, deleted, or whatever.....

You guys are turning in to the funniest ISP ive ever had the most pleasure in leaving...

[b]7. Cancellation[/b]
7.1 If you are a Consumer:

7.1.1 Agreements for the purchase of Services and/or Equipment made over the telephone or through our website, or by mail order, are, with the exception of certain excepted Agreements subject to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 ("the Regulations").

7.1.2 If you have purchased Services then you may cancel this Agreement in relation to the Services in accordance with the Regulations within 7 Working Days beginning on the day after the day on which the Agreement is concluded. If the Services include line installation then, in relation to the line installation Service and related Services, this 7 day period is deemed to commence on the day after the day on which the Customer line is installed. In any 7 day period under this paragraph, you lose the right to cancel if the Service is used or otherwise performed within the 7 day period.

7.1.3 If you have purchased Equipment, then you may cancel this Agreement in relation to the Equipment in accordance with the Regulations within 7 Working Days beginning with the day after the day on which you receive the Equipment.

7.1.4 In accordance with the Regulations, the following exceptions apply to the right to cancel under clauses 7.1.2 and 7.1.3. If you have purchased audio or video recordings or computer software, then in any 7 day period under this clause you lose the right to cancel in relation to these when they are unsealed by you. Where they are supplied to you on-line, audio or video recordings or computer software shall be deemed to be unsealed when downloaded. You have no right to cancel in relation to the following contracts: for any gaming, betting or lottery services; for the supply of newspapers periodicals or magazines; for the supply of any goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate rapidly; for the supply of goods or services the price of which is dependant on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by Force9.

7.1.5 If the Regulations apply, you may cancel Services or Equipment purchased from us by sending written notice of cancellation by post or hand delivery addressed to Customer Services at the address available under the Help Assistant tool or by using the Help Assistant tool.

7.1.6 You will be responsible for the cost of returning the Equipment if you exercise this right of cancellation under the Regulations. If you do not actually return the Equipment to us, you are under a duty to make the Equipment available for collection at your expense from the address to which it was delivered.

7.1.7 You are under a duty to retain possession of the Equipment whilst awaiting return to us and take reasonable care of it during this period. You will be liable for any loss of or damage to the Equipment if you fail to comply with this obligation.
7.2 The Regulations, and this clause, do not apply to Business Customers.

Cant find anywhere where it even says 30 days notice or they dont accept part payment... Please, someone enlightne me ...
N/A

My advice - cancel your direct debit, make sure they don't have any other financial details they could take money from (including expired credit cards believe it or not) and forget it !

There is no mention that I can see in their T&C's of any notice period.
N/A

To move away, you need to give 30 days notice. It is best to time your 30 days with the end/ beginning of your billing cycle. This way, if you are billed on the 1st, you give notice on the 1st and migrate away on the 30th. If however you are billed on the 1st, you give notice on the 15th and therefore leave on the 14th of next month (assuming 30 day month), you have crossed into a new billing cycle. F9 will then take the full payment and refund you the remaining two weeks or so at the end of your notice period.

If you cancel your direct debit, it is likely that your MAC code will be withheld until such times as payments are once again up to date.

Mark
sjnett

If you cancel your direct debit, it is likely that your MAC code will be withheld until such times as payments are once again up to date.

Mark

Dont need my MAC code... they can withold it, im on a cable connection now ....
N/A

cannot withhold an authorisation code to enforce debt collec

Reproduced from http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/codes/bbm_cop/#content

Customers' rights and obligations
Under the terms of the code:

The existing service provider cannot unreasonably refuse to issue an authorisation code and may only withhold a code if:
the request is not made by the account holder or the account holder is deceased
the contract has already been terminated and the connection ceased
However, the existing service provider must explain the reasons and supply information on how to appeal against the decision;
The existing service provider cannot withhold an authorisation code to enforce debt collection or contractual rights. However, customers are not freed from contractual obligations they have entered in to with their existing service provider - i.e.: they will have to honour the remaining term of an existing contract or pay early cancellation fees, if applicable. An existing service provider will still be able to take reasonable action to enforce their contractual rights even after a customer has migrated to a new service provider.

Unfortunately though, F9/PN have not, according to Ofcom, signed up to the Code Of Practice - kind of tells you something doesn't it ?
N/A

This was posted on a similar thread a couple of weeks ago.

We're only not signed up to the voluntary code for contractual reasons. When outstanding payments are made, we always submit the MAC code.

It prevents people signing up for a yearly contract and then migrating away, avoiding paying the activation fee. That kind of situation.

Mark
N/A

sjnett, has been a member of f9 for sometime, i know as i referred him, of which he referred others

i do think f9 are being harsh when trying to bill him for another full months rental, if you change package so your on a better package and they move you over a few days before your current month runs out they charge the extra difference, so i can't see why they can't take only a weeks fee if thats all thats left, instead of a full payment.

Especially as the user is going to a different provider (cable) and not continuing with adsl, so not migrating away I don't know why they want to charge him for another month, especially if not going to use it.

Easiest option to do, is advise f9 you no longer have the means to pay for your subscription due to unforseen circumstances, and require the connection to be terminated at the end of the current billing month, and this is why you wish to go payg.....
N/A

Could not agree with you more, the system is rubbish, this is the only company i know which operates this way when you wish to leave, where you have to pay upfront in this way. I really don’t know why they can’t just do Pro-rata charges for the next 30 days
sjnett

Well, i have cancelled my direct debit, and instructed them to remove my credit card from the billing section.

I bet you 1 years subscription, if i upgraded my account mid month they would take a part payment for the higher account, i know this as it happened to one of the people i refered to F9.

Im sure Force9 dont understand that once the 30 days are up, i am OUT OF CONTRACT.. there for they cannot hold me to any terms.... it is F9 that seem to state 30 days notice is needed... I cant find this mentioned anywhere in the T&C (if some one wants to post a link to it, please do)
N/A

Hmmm. Perhaps what you should have done is to have the card details removed before cancelling the DD mandate. Once they see that there is no payment method on the account, they will probably bill your card anyway. The only oyher optin is to cancel the card and get a new one sent.

Mark
sjnett

Ive told them by TT that they no longer have my authorisation to use the card. and that has been acknowledged.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi there,

As previous posters have advised, we will on request refund the difference after the final paymnet has been taken. We would need to reschedule the ceasing of your line for an earlier date though.

Raise a ticket requesting this and drop me a PM if you have any difficulty explaining your point.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sjnett

You are trying to keep my service online until the 20th September .... even though i served notice on the 27th july thats a 2 day refund... Gee thanks Force9

If you ask me, F9 are trying to rip me off.... and you know what i wont accept it....

Oh, and thanks for LLUing me ... really appreciated it ... especially AFTER the account is due for cancellation.

Several "F9 Staff" have said they have linked to the FULL T&C yet no one has supplied it yet... In the T&C in the help section, i cannot see anywhere where it states 30 days cancellation notice, and F9 dont accept part payment.

I have been legally advised unless F9 can produce this, there is no way you are legally allowed to take money outside of the 30 days notice, weather this requires part payment or not.

If anyone knows where this info is, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks