cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow now unplayable

N/A

Wow now unplayable

My gaming experience with Wow on Plus Net has got steadily worse. It used to be good. Now I get regular disconnects and huge latencies.

Since about 6:30 tonight, I've had 5 disconnects and my latency lists as 5600 in game. That's utterly unplayable.

I'm paying for an Internet connection so I can work and play this particular game. Personally I don't feel I, the customer, should have to run benchmarks to help you, the ISP, sort out your network. You're in the "network" business.

I'm clearly paying for a service you're unable to provide.

Time to find another ISP.
41 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

Wow now unplayable

WoW = World of Warcraft for those not in the gaming-underworld. And yes, same situation for me. Sometimes I have a ping upwards of 300ms and spikes over 2000ms. I played in the middle of the night the other day and my ping was around 90ms. Much more playable.
There isn't enough capacity in the Plus.net for gamers anymore. Traffic Management doesn't work when it comes to gaming as it just creates these lag spikes everyone is seeing. Hard download caps of 20GB a month without management like other ISP's offer is the solution and why others and I are moving.
Slick
Grafter

Wow now unplayable

ive had the same problem with call of duty 1 & 2 when i was put on the traffic managment system, after alot of confiring with support and tracerts and pings in the command prompt i was told "We continue to investigate what appears to be an issue with one of the central pipes on our network. This is causing delays in traffic delivery which are especially noticeable to those playing online games. A probable cause and short term fix has been identified by our networks team. This should improve matters for gamers especially. In the longer term, our work to automate and intelligently manage our Broadband network will prevent issues like this from becoming apparent. We will provide more information in relation to this problem as and when it is made available." how much is true i dont know
N/A

Wow now unplayable

I'm confident that the traffic management can work, it's just that for whatever reason it currently isn't, for anyone... and PlusNet as a whole seem to have been resistant to admit the problems and deal with them.
N/A

Wow now unplayable

Most definitely time to find another ISP; I'm with ya there.
N/A

Wow now unplayable

I'm confident that the traffic management can work, it's just that for whatever reason it currently isn't, for anyone... and PlusNet as a whole seem to have been resistant to admit the problems and deal with them.

Maybe thay need to replace the hamsters powering there routers :lol:
shellsong
Grafter

Wow now unplayable

The hamsters are fine but the bearings are shot! :lol:
Ommin
Grafter

Wow now unplayable

and PlusNet as a whole seem to have been resistant to admit the problems and deal with them.

Agreed. They seem totally unwilling to accept that, in general, things are not very good at the moment. I actually believe that a bit of honesty would see some of the complaints disappear providing they can reassure people that the problems will be resolved in the very near future. There are obviously a lot of things happening behind the scenes with regards to the introduction of the new products but burying your head in the sand and telling customers, who are experiencing problem after problem after problem, that everything in the garden is rosy is not the answer
N/A

Wow now unplayable

Well, there are some people who do admit the problems, unfortunately this doesn't filter all the way through, certainly not as far as frontline support.
Also, we keep on getting the shiny picture of what is supposed to be happening shoved in our faces. For many of us, if we didn't think that would ever happen and didn't have any hope, we would have gone by now. We need something more than empty promises.
Ommin
Grafter

Wow now unplayable

We need something more than empty promises.

What, like the promise they made on 13 March, 2006, to post details of the problems with ptn-ag1 over the weekend to 3/6 March, 2006, which left numerous people with an almost unusable connection for 72 hours and yet which has now become a "we cannot find time to prioritise explanations of problems that were fixed ages ago."

Empty promises seem to be all you are going to get from where I am standing.
N/A

Wow now unplayable

From my perspective, they're the experts in this field. That's what we, the customers, are paying them for.

If they don't understand their network and it's traffic patterns well enough to manage it properly to provide us with a working service, why would I pay for that?
N/A

Wow now unplayable

I am having the same problem with counterstrike, sometimes the ping will be fine, 98ms is ok, but other times i can barely connect and have a ping of 5000ms, which causes everything to freeze making the game unplayable. Whwn I first signed up to the broadband plus 2mb line (14.99) it said it was suitable for online gaming, which it was, until about 3 months later. Ever since ive been pretty much unable to play! Can this be sorted out or am i gonna be forced to change provider as im not going to upgrade!
Maddy
Grafter

Wow now unplayable

Hi there,
Yes me to, i am getting time outs and very high pings when playing online Quake3 its driving me mad, at first i was blaming my kids, but it turned out that none of them had there computers on, :x its really making me mad, ever since this throttling was introduced i have had nothing but trouble, and no its not my router as i have purchased 4 new router in the last year, i am now on my DrayTek 2800G, and still this crap happens.
COME ON PLUSNET SORT IT OUT BEFOR A CALL YOU A n00b Evil

tt4n
N/A

Wow now unplayable

Hi all.

As per the other gaming thread.

Can all those experiencing problems provide traceroutes to the affected servers so that Plus net can investigate these issues fully.
Maddy
Grafter

Wow now unplayable

Hi,
What program, or how would i do a traceroutes to the affected servers?
Thanx