cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow! It's quick this morning!

N/A

Wow! It's quick this morning!

It's 10am on Saturday morning and your own speed tester gives me 61.8Kbytes/sec and I'm well pleased!

If only your portal was as quick - it's like walking through treacle.

A page loads, everything stops, some of the images disappear, then eventually return, it stops again and then re-sizes things like graphs. Then and only then can you proceed.

Curious.

Anyway, I'm grateful for such high speeds this morning!

Regards

Hugh Milsom
--
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Wow! It's quick this morning!

> It's 10am on Saturday morning and your own speed tester gives me 61.8Kbytes/sec and I'm well pleased!
>
> If only your portal was as quick - it's like walking through treacle.
>
> A page loads, everything stops, some of the images disappear, then eventually return, it stops again and then re-sizes things like graphs. Then and only then can you proceed.
>
> Curious.
>
> Anyway, I'm grateful for such high speeds this morning!
>
> Regards
>
> Hugh Milsom
>
>
Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. Which browser are you using to visit the portal and are you able to test an alternative? Is it any particular area of the portal you are having problems with?

Regards,
Rob

| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

><SNIP>. Which browser are you using to visit the portal and are you able to test an alternative? Is it any particular area of the portal you are having problems with?
>
>
> Regards,
> Rob
>
> | Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
<SNIP>

Hi Robert - I'm using an iMac and OS9. It affects all parts of your site.

There are other reports in these groups with the same problem. One question was whether there was a large db on the back of the site which was slowing things down?

My PC laptop is also as slow.

I thought www.fiat.co.uk was slow but PlusNet is slower!

Sorry to be negative on what is a very high speed day!

Best Regards

hjm

--
N/A

I have to agree Robert. I'm using internet explorer 6.0.26 and it's damn slow to load a page. I have a piii 1 gig laptop with 512 meg mem so it isn't my hardware either. It is always really slow to load anything from any pc.....I think there must be a problem that Plusnet need to address. I have used my work PC with the same probs...portal page runs like ***** off a blanket.... Shocked

so can we fix it please.

cheers
Homerlovesbeer
N/A

And now my speed's down to 11.2KB/s!

Hey ho

hjm
N/A

Could +net consider a text only version of the site or better yet making the old version avlaible, aka. the one before all the silly little icons appeared, faster over 56k and just as easy to use for me!

> I have to agree Robert. I'm using internet explorer 6.0.26 and it's damn slow to load a page. I have a piii 1 gig laptop with 512 meg mem so it isn't my hardware either. It is always really slow to load anything from any pc.....I think there must be a problem that Plusnet need to address. I have used my work PC with the same probs...portal page runs like ***** off a blanket.... Shocked
>
> so can we fix it please.
>
> cheers
> Homerlovesbeer

--
Turtel
PHP because ASP is for WEANIES
http://www.turtels.cjb.net
N/A

> Could +net consider a text only version of the site or better yet making the old version avlaible, aka. the one before all the silly little icons appeared, faster over 56k and just as easy to use for me!

An interesting suggestion Turtel, I will put this forward for consideration. Course, you could always convert to Linux and use links - just a suggestion.

Best Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
sinewave
Grafter

> A page loads, everything stops, some of the images disappear, then eventually return, it stops again and then re-sizes things like graphs. Then and only then can you proceed.
>
> Curious.
>

>
> Regards
>
> Hugh Milsom
>
> --
>

I raised this point a while ago and was told its due to a bug in explorer. The Java needed to make the drop down menues slows things down for Explorer (home page loads fast right? This has now drop menues!). It does seem a lot faster in Netscape 7 and its even quicker in Opera. But then opera does not produce the drop down menues! Bug or no bug I feel the site is could be much more "compatible"/robust (whats the word?) and does not reflect a technically adept ISP.

You can always switch off java tech. sup. told me but what a hassle!

Tom