cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you recommend F9 to a friend?

N/A

A simple poll.

If a friend came to you tomorrow and asked you to recommend a company for their DSL connection, who would you recommend?

I don't want to get into the Provider-A is better than Provider-B is better than F9 debate here, just trying to gauge how the readers of these forums currently rate F9. (Not that there are any typical F9 customers who read these forums Wink )
80 REPLIES
N/A

Last year there were a group of people looking for a good ISP on a forum I use. I strongly recommended F9, however unless someone only wanted a light use connection then I'd steer them elsewhere now.

The lack of transparity is also a concern. There are so many rules that often seem to contradict each other that it's hard to know when you are near a limit. If a company can;t even manage to provide a simple, easy to understand set of rules, you have to wonder what else they are incapable of getting right.

I've been with F9 since 89 and have to say that unless things change I will be migrating my broadband elsewhere.
N/A

I have, in the past, always recommended F9 to friends and family. I'm afraid that stopped just over a year ago (I only ever got 1 referral anyway!!).

My one referral on dial up has expressed an interest in going to BB, I have told him not to consider F9, why? He is currently paying £9.99pm for 20 hours per week. Those 20 hours, he can use where he wants, albeit slowly.

Upgrade to BB+, pay an extra £5pm and be unable to use kazaa as he currently does. Also either pay activation, plus router or be tied in for 5 years. The alternative? Plenty offering activation, modem and 1 year contract.

Upgrade to Premier and pay an extra £11pm. That is a lot of money for someone that doesn;t use much bandwidth.

I would say look elsewhere, and I am actively encouraging him to find another provider to meet his needs!! I may lose £0.25pm, but hey, I think I can manage.

Mark
Community Veteran

In the past, I have recommended plus.net.

But currently I have reservations over the 5 years deferred activation, so have reduced my referrals to a single banner, on my web page. And make sure that any word of mouth recommendations are fully aware of the deferred activation, traffic limits and speed issues.

In a recent poll on the Plus.Net portal 52% of users, joined because of a referral. Plus.Net are going to have to change to keep this up.

Chilly

OK, so penguin's can not spell
N/A

must admit if anyone asks me now, if they not used to internet I tell them to go to AOL until get used it, even though it has its own software.

if they on cable then i advise they go with them

i agree the 5 year deferred option is a cause of people not referring, as why would someone in this day and age be tied to a 5 year contract, anything can happen in that time.
N/A

I'll be honest, I hadn't seen anything on the 5yr deferment - could someone post a link.
N/A

N/A

Free of charge setup?

lol.

Any of you guys what to buy London Bridge? I just obtained the deeds, and I can sell it to you real cheap.
N/A

lol i just signed a m8 upto UKOnline, 1MB, £19.99, No set up costs, Unlimited (500GB P/M FUP)
deepfatfrier
Grafter

I'd have recommended them a year ago.........
'Nuff said, I think.

--Andy
N/A

im lookin at them myself to be honest, but i wanna now if i get this:

-Static IP
-Hosting facilities like Force9's
N/A

Hi,

TBH with you I'd be pretty reluctant to recommend F9 PlusNet now to anyone else I just dont like the many changes that have taken place, actually come to think about it. Its NOT so much the changes more the way the changes were communicated and the marketing untrueths I didnt like.

I dont like top down changes dropped from a great height (from the sky) onto customers without any warnings thats one of my bug bears with F9 the lack of thought about customers needs before changes are made. I still hate the attempts at so called marketing (dont make me laugh!! having done IT support for a marketing department myself in the past). Theres the truth and then theirs spin & marketing hype most of which is hot air or worse stale hot air. Only the most naive or sheer dumb amongst the public are going to fall for such non-sense.

No!! I wont be recommending F9 until they 100% prove themselves WORTH recommending once again. Only time will tell.

Ivan
N/A

Hi,

TBH with you I'd be pretty reluctant to recommend F9 PlusNet now to anyone else I just dont like the many changes that have taken place, actually come to think about it. Its NOT so much the changes more the way the changes were communicated and the marketing untrueths I didnt like.

I dont like top down changes dropped from a great height (from the sky) onto customers without any warnings thats one of my bug bears with F9 the lack of thought about customers needs before changes are made. I still hate the attempts at so called marketing (dont make me laugh!! having done IT support for a marketing department myself in the past). Theres the truth and then theirs spin & marketing hype most of which is hot air or worse stale hot air. Only the most naive or sheer dumb amongst the public are going to fall for such non-sense.

No!! I wont be recommending F9 until they 100% prove themselves WORTH recommending once again. Only time will tell.

Ivan

i second that but BT dont make it easier!
quelquod
Rising Star

I think that F9 are trying to respond to changes in BT prices and customers' changing download requirements and they have no real option but to do that.

However the way they do it, with lots of unpublicised changes and dramatic effects on people's service with no notice or discussion means that I never recommend them.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

and the introduction of game lag ....