cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would someone please have a look at ticket number: 20332726?

carrot63
Grafter

Would someone please have a look at ticket number: 20332726 ?

After 6 weeks of dreadful LLU service, I asked for a migration back to BT Max on 21st Sep, which was granted with breathtaking swiftness on the 25th. After Tiscali's interpretation of "up to 7 days" (for a MAC) I was told the BT order had been placed by CSC on 5th Oct, and since then it's all been a bit downhill.

According to BTs order tracker for my phone account the order was supposed to be completed by 12th Oct, and CS claimed a little improbably that:

We will continue to monitor this order until it completes to ensure there are no further problems.

However the only thing achieved by anyone was that BT managed to cut off my phone line on the 11th for a day or so. While I'm no expert on the text of broadband orders, by this point I was getting a little nervous as the oder seemed to be conspicuously lacking a vital component, as I pointed out on the ticket:

The Question 20332726 has been released from hold and sent back to CSC - LLU MAC Requests Awaiting

I've checked the details of the order for moving me back to BT Max on the BT site, and am slightly concerned that the order makes no mention of provisioning BT max.

I'm concerned that I am going to end up without service on Thursday, and wish to clarify that the order as detailed below is in fact correct.

Items in this order
Description Item Quantity Cost Rental
PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0
PROVIDE PROVIDE SMPF - SMPF EXISTS 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0

Which looks like LLU is being provided and not removed, and it doesn't appear to make any mention of providing IPstream/Max DSL service.

The order on my line back in May when DSL Max was first provided had the line:

PROVIDE BT IPSTREAM MAX

Nearly 3 weeks on, it all seems to have gone a little quiet, with any responses for further info from CS offering little illumination other than a half-hearted:

Unfortunately at present we are awaiting further information from BT.
Apologies for any delays.

and no attempt at all to address my concern about the BT order, which I admit may be in the "whats this nutter on?" category - but if thats the case why not just tell me so.

I do appreciate that unlike some posting here I still have a connection, and I'd like to keep it that way, preferably Max rather than the increasingly grating LLU. At least one other poster here lost his ADSL at about the point in the LLU => BT migration that I lost my phone, hence the stupid question.

This is really, really starting to grate on my nerves. I thought I was finally shot of LLU and the nagging annoyance of being moved without notice, but the saga just seems to go on and on, with the total lack of effective communication being the most irritating part. If I was of a paranoid nature, I'd begin to wonder if PlusNet aren't trying to persuade me to leave with the resounding silence and lack of action.
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

It looks like one of my colleagues has been in touch with BT about the delay and the problem they've had has now been resolved, he's added an update to your ticket.
carrot63
Grafter

The ticket update was addded to the wrong ticket - one concerning DNS and domain migration, which made it a little surreal at first! But thank you kindly for sorting this out, although at the risk of appearing a little ungrateful, it would be nice to have had this issue sorted without having to nag/rant/whine on the forum.

Nevertheless, appreciated Dave.
carrot63
Grafter

Another day, another disappointment. I'm still stuck on LLU, apparently, in spite of action by BT. My comments added to Question  ID: 20332726  this morning:

According to BT's 'check your order' page on their portal, the order has now completed (see attached screenshot). However, I do NOT appear to be transferred back to Max DSL, as Router stats etc are precisely as they were before - upload sync 586, Download 2900. Am I missing something here? I've rebooted the router, should I be leaving it off for some time or something?

As the process does not appear to be completed correctly, I reiterate my ignored/unanswered question of 10:02am, Monday 9th October 2006, the last line of my comments on 5:49am, Friday 13th October 2006, and the last paragraph on 4:17am, Wednesday 25th October 2006, also asked once again in my forum post http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50298

Is there a missing part to this order, i.e. a component that requests Max DSL to be supplied, such as appeared on my order back in may when I was first put on Max:

PROVIDE BT IPSTREAM MAX

Or is this for some reason unecessary for a reverse migration? Do you have a magic switch at Plusnet towers that makes such an order unnecessary?

If it turns out the order has indeed failed (again), could someone please give me a simple answer to the question I have asked so many times?

I am deeply unhappy.
Community Veteran

I feel for you! Sad
(Not that it really helps at all).
carrot63
Grafter

Thanks nevertheless...