cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst customer service ever?

thehatman
Grafter

You must put consideration for customers back at the top of your priorites.

I imagine that this results in more profit and stabilty for you in the long term because of loyalty and word ot mouth (massive via net chitchat) recommendation.

This email unreliabilty is jaw-droppingly poor when it is such a fundamental thing.

And phone support waits of an hour? Do you really want to be thought of as badly TalkTalk Internet or NTHell?

Please don't lie to us either. It is extremely annoying to hear "to speed things up, why don't you" in the recorded message when I call support. It is PN that needs to "speed things up" not the customer.

I do think that you have some staff who are really helpful, but your company culture as a whole seems aa bit "up yours" to customers like me who've been loyal for half a decade.

If it was easier to leave I may well have gone by now. But am still hopeful that things will improve.

Right now my email is not connectable.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Just got a reply to my complaint about email being down yet again, and that I will be forced to look elsewhere if things don't improve. As follows,
"In order to cancel your account there would need to be a one off payment of £67, this is for the deferred activation and modem offers you signed up for when the account was opened.

Please authorise payment, and we will generate your MAC key or close your account.

Regards,
*****"
That's it. No apologies, explanations, nothing. Just 'fine ok leave if you're not happy'.
Surely if PN are not providing the service you pay for they can't expect you to live up to their terms & conditions, that should work both ways. I'm totally gobsmacked by this response to be honest, the LEAST I was expecting was some sort of apology and acknowledgement.
Pathetic
N/A

Hmmm, although its factual, its not the kind of response I would want any customer to receive.
Even an empty apology might have been nice Wink
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

Completely agree with you. The response you received is simply nowhere near the mark in terms of the quality we want to offer our customers.

We were aware that the mail platform needed upgrading. As such we planned to upgrade it at the start of July. This is when we accidentally deleted some customers mail.

We wanted to do the upgrade again, but this time fully ensuring we would not cause any further problems for our customers. Unfortunately we received a very large amount of SPAM which simply sent the servers over the edge.

We are truely sorry for the inconvenience this and all of our recent problems have caused our customers. All I can say is we are genuinely working increadibly hard as a business to fix everything that we and our customers feel is wrong.

Our plan to fix the email problem can be found here:

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1157044414.htm

Our plan to fix PlusNet can be found here:

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1156972104.htm
timps
Grafter

Hey Luke ...
not to mention dealing with outstanding tickets , eh?
mine preferably
"stck a brush in my bum and i'll sweep the floor while i'm at it" comes to mind Wink

Keep smiling

timps
N/A

Re: Worst customer service ever?

Just got a reply to my complaint about email being down yet again, and that I will be forced to look elsewhere if things don't improve. As follows,
"In order to cancel your account there would need to be a one off payment of £67, this is for the deferred activation and modem offers you signed up for when the account was opened.

Please authorise payment, and we will generate your MAC key or close your account.

Regards,
*****"
That's it. No apologies, explanations, nothing. Just 'fine ok leave if you're not happy'.
Surely if PN are not providing the service you pay for they can't expect you to live up to their terms & conditions, that should work both ways. I'm totally gobsmacked by this response to be honest, the LEAST I was expecting was some sort of apology and acknowledgement.
Pathetic

Ok pn's customer support is pretty bad I know, but no way is it the worst ever (lol)- try dealing with ebay and you will soon realise what 'bad' customer support is !!!
hey - I just suck up for pn (sort of) !!! Must be loosing it.