cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WordPress Install

N/A

WordPress Install

when I try to install WordPress (I have to goto www.xbox360wire.co.uk/wp-admin/install.php ) - it asks me if I want to download the file, rather than running it.

Can anyone assist ?
5 REPLIES
N/A

WordPress Install

You need to install wordpress in your CCGI space rather than on Homepages. A good tutorial for doing that can be foung here. Subsequently, you will need to point your domain to the CCGI space if you want to run it from your domain name, by manually adding the relevant DNS records (you can do that by following these instructions). You will also have to raise a question to get CS to change the services on your domain from none to basic.
N/A

WordPress Install

I never got Wordpress to install correctly, as it expects a host configuration incompatible with Plusnet (for example, there was image files in the same directory as executables, and PN's web server wouldn't display the image files uploaded to the CCGI webspace, and obviously wouldn't execute files uploaded to a non-CCGI webspace). I eventually just went to Wordpress's website itself and set my self up there. You get almost the same amount of admin levels, but without all the hassle.

But I suppose a later version of Wordpress may now be compatible (or I had it configured wrong).
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

WordPress Install

Hi there,

Wordpress is definately compatible. I have it installed on my CGI space. You shouldn't have too many difficulties if following the guides supplied by gotdsl.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

WordPress Install

thanks guys - i'll take a peek !
N/A

WordPress Install

Righty - I've folled the instructions on atomic14 and created my 2 DNS records.

Submitted a ticket to the support team to change the services - fingers crossed it's picked up quickly so i can check if it worked (or otherwise)

cheers !