Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With nothing to lose, why not try us today? 45 days

N/A

http://www.plus.net/features/customer_guarantee.shtml?link=guarantee

I would like to leave Plusnet, and I understand above quarantee in this way:
If I'm in 45 days from ordering the service I can quit from 12 months contract without paying the remaining months.

I know that this is not mentioned exactly in the quarantee, but it really looks like that.
Am I wrong.. what do you think?
3 REPLIES
ceridwen
Grafter

From the T&C for the Guarantee at http://www.plus.net/features/guarantee_terms_and_condtitions.shtml

4. The date at which your contract ends will be 30 days from the date we confirm receipt of your request to migrate. We will waive any outstanding service contract term. However customers will still be required to pay any deferred hardware/activation costs outstanding.

So yes you are right, you shouldn't pay for any outstanding contract terms (CS staff have been known to sometimes get this wrong but pointing them to the above normally sets this straight).

You do need to pay defered costs i.e. if you had a "free" migration, "free" activation or "free" modem you will have to pay for these (as these are only really free if you stay with PN).

Also note that you will have to pay your new ISP any migration fees that they charge - the guarantee means that afterwards you can then claim these fees back from PN up to £12.99, rather than that PN will pay you migration fees upfront.

5. We will pay the lesser of:
£12.99 (Inc. VAT), or
the cost charged by your new provider for carrying out the migration.

6. The money will only be paid upon production of an invoice from your new provider for the migration fee. This must be produced within the 3 months following the end of your contract with us through Contact Us.

Matthew
N/A

Matthew, many thanks for the clarification.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The PlusNet Guarantee does indeed mean that the annual contract is waived. I will now make sure that all the agents here are aware of this.