cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With me or Against me!

N/A

With me or Against me!

I do declare that all us throttled bandwith complainers boycott plusnet and refuse to pay such a shambles of an ISP. due to my "over-usage" im now getting speeds of little more than a 56 k dial-up and told i had to wait 3 weeks for my speed to pick up again and that plusnet looks after email and browsing customers and not those who use broadband for downloads !
oh and what made me laugh is i cant switch ISp without being penalised and the traffic management humdrum was in the small print!
please sign my petetion of annoyance the more the merrier to shwo such discontent!
why pay £15 a month for total rubbish!
oh by the way if you upgrade too premium you still get restricted so lets all pay plusnet a further £6 bucks so they can rip us off some more!
85 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Re: With me or Against me!

oh by the way if you upgrade too premium you still get restricted so lets all pay plusnet a further £6 bucks so they can rip us off some more!

£7 actually. And it is made quite clear that Broadband Plus is a managed account. That's because it is.
N/A

With me or Against me!

no need for the smart comments! well if your so smart whats my limit on Gb before i get throttled becuase i was never given a limit ! and why should i put up with speeds similar to that of a 56 k modem for browsing and email !
would you pay 14.99 for dial-up i dont think so!
LiamM
Grafter

With me or Against me!

£14.99 for an unmetered dialup account that doesn't take up your phone line doesn't sound too bad. Other ISPs charge similar amounts for real dialup.

Broadband Plus is a managed service. You don't need to monitor your usage, because Plusnet do it for you - and adjust your service in line with it.

You've signed up to a no frills, low cost broadband package - not a high - guaranteed speed service.
N/A

With me or Against me!

Broadband Plus is a managed service. You don't need to monitor your usage, because Plusnet do it for you - and adjust your service in line with it.

does anywhere in that comment say that if you downlaod too much your gonna be throttled to speeds little over 56k i didnt think so either!!

and how do customers like myself determined how much is too much we didnt get any guidelines what so ever if we knew our limits we would respect them and not get punished for it!

no frills exactly!!!

nothing good about it, just answer one question surely it should just be my download p2p etc effected and not my browsing and email!

it takes me 5 minutes at home to load up your webpage! great service!!
N/A

Re: With me or Against me!

due to my "over-usage"....

How many GB did you use?
N/A

With me or Against me!

No, it's not "total rubbish" at all. Go back to real dialup for a few minutes, Tim (sorry, Karl), and see if you can do with that what you want to do with Broadband Plus. It's not so long ago that you could be paying £14.99 a month for "unlimited" dialup, but you know the economic viability of that was wrecked by people leaving it on all day on a second line...I can't think why they were leaving it on all day...but some of us (oh what a giveaway) grew out of it. Broadband Plus works fine for me at this point in time, for what I want to do with it, so I have no reason to need to change until it no longer fits my requirements.

If you want an "unmanaged" account with no limits, tell me where you find one for a reasonable amount (i.e. less than the Rochdale Buddhists) , and I might migrate with you. Such a creature is known as a chimera, i.e., it doesn't exist.

It's understandable that many people have been able to, ah, "leverage" their account to unsustainable levels in the absence of effective traffic management, and that such people should feel aggrieved when the management cavalry finally arrives. Unfortunately, the rules were there in black and white when you signed up, and if you read the changes to those rules as and when they were introduced (they really should have been emailed to all affected customers, Plusnet, so there was less chance of remaining in ignorance) you would know that the "all-you-can-eat" buffet has now become more restrictive.

Caveat emptor. Sorry Karl, when I feel that someone has a genuine grievance I'll join the barricade alongside them and fight, but in this case, you're on your own. How much did you download?

Edited for spellign...several times, and name.
N/A

With me or Against me!

the blame is with plus net and there total mismanagment of the whole situation, and we do not administrators patronising people a simple and curtiose, you have to read the small print and any e-mails we send you read them carefully
i no what e-mails, we should just pay our moneys every month and hide in a corner and say nothing, may be the people at plus net want to take a hard look at them selves in the cold light of day for the people they work for
lewis
N/A

With me or Against me!

Will someone wake up and answer my question we as customer never told what are limits are for a start and to get totally throttled to on average 6.5kbs for browsing is ridculous! and to download a 1 meg file and get cut out half way through surely is unacceptable!
all this stuff being said about maanging accounts is total rubbish ! manage an account so the user is happy with an average connection fair enough but to a point where browsing comes as tedious as pulling teeth !
theres managing an account and theres plusnets way fo managing an account!
and btw have you been getting special pleasures of plusnet for your stance maybe some customer loving!
you wont get any prizes off this lot for sucking up!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

With me or Against me!

I can't give a level. As I've explained several times over the last few days on this forum, the Plus account isn't a "Get XGB for £Y" type of account, if you want that sort of account then change to a PAYG account.

It's also not a "Use as much as you want - subject to SUP" type of account, if you want that then upgrade to Premier.

It's an account that we manage to make sure the usage is in line with it's intended design (that is an entry level, fixed cost product that's great for web, email, gaming, VoIP, shopping etc).

If we give a set level of usage we are going against the concept of the account, also those levels are liable to change. The fact that they are likely to change however is not as important as the idea that Plus accounts don't have set limits and that the usage is managed by us and not the customers, so the customers don't have to worry about their usage impacting on other customers.
N/A

With me or Against me!

so then Mr customer service guy! why is it i'm being punished to extreme levels ! why should i carry on paying £14.99 for rest of the amonth for browsing speeds slowler than my nan on a zimmer!
surely managing downlaod limits fair enough but not effect every day browsing and email!
so whats to say i didnt think from my personal point of view i been over-using! surely therre must be a line you guys draw and say oops that guy been downloading too much he's a naughty boy lets hit him and hit him hard!
its a joke!!
jagger
Grafter

With me or Against me!

The limits are email and browsing.It's not a suitable account for downloading,barring the odd software update.

You have found the limits by exceeding them.

I pay the extra £7 for premier because I want to do more than browse.

If you signed up for the deferred cost scheme, then you have no one else to blame but yourself that you have to pay to leave.

I won't sign your "petition" because of your rudeness to other forum users.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

With me or Against me!

We manage commonly used downloading protocols on all Plus accounts, however there is a group of customers who have been using other methods to circumvent this management, so we have had to manage other protocols for customers who are using the product beyond it's intended use.

We'd love to always have web traffic fast on Broadband Plus however people have been using this to download levels of traffic way outside of what Broadband Plus is intended for so we have had to take action against that.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

With me or Against me!

I can't give a level. As I've explained several times over the last few days on this forum,
If we give a set level of usage we are going against the concept of the account, also those levels are liable to change. The fact that they are likely to change however is not as important as the idea that Plus accounts don't have set limits and that the usage is managed by us and not the customers, so the customers don't have to worry about their usage impacting on other customers.

This is an interesting statement which should be compared with this one
Just a quick response to one of your comments above. We know that initially, communictation on this matter hasn't been as good as it could have been, and this is something that we're working to improve. To this end, customers are now going to get emailed when they cross a usage threshold, both on the Plus account and also for the Clean To usage on a Premier account.

Jon Whiting
PlusNet Customer Support
If we accept both statements as literally accurate this means that a customer could get the usage threshhold e-mail on a usage that was accepted the previous month and may indeed be accepted on the following month due to factors outside his control and of which he is unaware.
Is this fair or reasonable.
N/A

With me or Against me!

last word surely you cant expect me keep paying £14.99 forrest of month if browsing is a struggle i can see where your coming from with restrictions but surely your gonna make alot of people unhappy with the lack of firm ruling and policies that plusnet operates! noone who you talk to has any concrete answers and you get different answers on this every single day !
Business whys your doing yourselfs no favours as for recommendations cant see you getting too many of people like myself and there are hundreds if not thousands of disgruntled people misled by your policies!