cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish to say bye and sorry

N/A

Well my migration has started i am moving on to freedom 2 surf but would like to appoligise and say sorry to for any hassle that the cs team or mods deemed exagerated or trouble making

Hope you all the best in future....hope you manage to sort the service to the "once great isp" that ppl say you were (only been here 2 months so cant comment)

I still stand by my comments and many of my judgements but maybe put them across to strongly.

anyway all the best im off in 7 to 10 days.
31 REPLIES
Community Veteran

They truly were a great ISP (and for many still are), the people like Dave, Ben and Stewart are a brief reminder of what the entire company used to be like. They would try hard to resolve issues and really would put the customer first.

The top brass should take a look at those folk and try to remember how much they used to value the customers.

Sorry to see another regular poster leaving, but I trust you will have no issues in your transfer and future service.

I myself will probably be moving to UKOnline upon my return from hols in November - Should be able to get 4mb for 29.99 - even down my crummy line.

Not that I have an issue with the current service I recieve from PN - but I have seen the light with my upgrade to 1mb, and am now addicted to faster speeds - not that I want to download the planet, but what I do want, I want quickly!
N/A

hmm f2s doing 8mb for 24.99 do you not get llu from them
Community Veteran

Aren't UKo and f2s both easynet llustream.
Community Veteran

Franticaly runs off to research F2S......................... :shock:

EDIT:
Your exchange is currently enabled with 2 mbit and will soon be enabled with 8 mbit ADSL!

So another "coming soon!" scenario then.... See PN truly are the Pioneers!

Jesting aside if they are using Easynet LLU, then it has given people another option.

Perhaps PN can jump on this bandwagon instead of waiting for BT? That will certainly get people coming over or back to PN.

Though having just had a thought - if others are doing 8mb for £24.99 or £29.99 - exactly how do PN feel they will compete when apparently their 8mb product will be £39.99 ?

I'll gladly trial it for you PN, and give a nice review.. Wink
Community Veteran

NO! I want to trail it, your line won't support 8MB. :razz:
Community Veteran

Ahh but I can give a view for all those people that are despondent that they cant have more than 1mb.. We know those that have really good lines will get 8mb, it's the grey area in between that interests people.... Tongue
N/A

Good luck paulphillips7, hope your new ISP serves you better than plusnet did.
All the best Smiley
N/A

Franticaly runs off to research F2S......................... :shock:

EDIT:
Your exchange is currently enabled with 2 mbit and will soon be enabled with 8 mbit ADSL!

So another "coming soon!" scenario then.... See PN truly are the Pioneers!

Jesting aside if they are using Easynet LLU, then it has given people another option.

Perhaps PN can jump on this bandwagon instead of waiting for BT? That will certainly get people coming over or back to PN.

Though having just had a thought - if others are doing 8mb for £24.99 or £29.99 - exactly how do PN feel they will compete when apparently their 8mb product will be £39.99 ?

I'll gladly trial it for you PN, and give a nice review.. Wink

you are comparing the products wrongly.

24.99 is for the llu if f2s then do 4 and 8 mb on bt exchages then it will be more expensive same with most llu providers as it is cheaper for them to provide it through llu as they dont incur as many costs where as they have to pay bt for the use of the lines etc so it would be more expensive than 24.99 for the begining and prob could be up to 39.99 like plusnet.
N/A

they pretty certain i will get 8mb lol im only 300 meters from the exchange lol.
N/A

more to the point dont even get a good ridence from the cs....

It would make my day lol Tongue

come on wont hold it against you lol

now which way is the door :arrow: ah that away..... :?: :?: damn it locked for 7 to 10 days :!:
Community Veteran

My exchange is LLU enabled by Easynet - which seems to be the provider that F2S are using, so I suppose its just when they get round to utilising the easynet kit in my exchange - so yes it will be £24.99 for me.

The thing is though - lets say BT rolled out maxDSL tomorrow - all the ISP's using BT could offer 8mb at £39.99 - ala plusnet. Those lucky enough to be on an LLU exchange could have exactly the same for £24.99 or £29.99. So all those on LLU exchanges may as well move to an LLU ISP. The LLU providers will also know that as soon as they unbundle an exchange, people will jup over in droves, as they will get the same service for maybe a tenner less.

So just as PN are gaining thousands of customers by advertising their lower cost broadband on BT lines - when maxDSL becomes the standard across the UK - surely they will either need to become an LLU provider, or jump into bed with one in order to prevent customers jumping ship as soon as their exchange is LLU enabled?

Oh - P.S. Good riddance Wink does that make you feel better?
Community Veteran

That's a good take on it, chesterfield. I know at one point PN had discussions going with eaysnet and the like, but they never came to anything; maybe Dave or Stew would like to give us an update? (I don't say Ben as I read somewhere he's out of the office for a few days - but I suppose if he really wants to keep his medal :razz: )
N/A

lol would be intresting to know plusnet llu position.

At some point bt are going to have to drop there prices dramatically to even compete as i guess they makke more moeny from the companies that are not llu.

easynet and f2s are partners so i would of thought you would of got it chest....you should email them if you are intrested as that is how i got my information about my exchange
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

All I can really say is that LLU isn't an impossibility....