cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish I never changed from Metronet!

N/A

I decided to migrate from metronet what a mistake I was getting good speeds now look !

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 1000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 1664 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 866 kbps

The speed is awful now seriously considering moving completely. My advice stay on metronet if its good for you coz plusnet certainly isn't. Evil

Regards

Pete
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If your connection stays at that level your ip profile should go up to 1500 I beleive, which should result in a 50% increase in speed.

It appears to be your IP profile that would be limiting your speed to the 1mb level. Or are you seeing speeds lower than that? If so, at what time?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Synch Speed IP Rate
288K ¼M
576K ½M
1152K 1M
1728K 1½M
2272K 2M
2848K 2½M
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Hi there,

Unfortunately the speed drop is just coincidence that it happened at the same time as your switch to PlusNet.

As an ISP we cannot affect your sync rate and this is what governs your profile on MaxDSL.

As holtlane pointed out your profile is not going to increase until your modem/router syncs consistently higher than 1728.

It's probably worth double checking all your wiring, as this is one of the many possible causes for the sync reducing.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
lyndonp
Grafter

Re: Wish I never changed from Metronet!

I decided to migrate from metronet what a mistake I was getting good speeds now look !

Hi bondwithme,

I migrated from Metronet last month and have been very pleased (until PN ceased my broadband line on Monday Evil )

I am actually seeing a 20% increase in throughput speeds from around 1.7/1.9mbps to 2.2/2.4 mbps not sure why that is but I'm not complaining...just want my broadband reconnecting which is going to take until next Monday. IP profile is the same 2.5.