cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless help

N/A

Wireless help

Just wondering if there is a techie in our midst who can offer some pearls on the following prob that has plagued me for the past 2 days.
The problem i am having is that for nearly 48 hours i have not been able to connect to my adsl. I use a wireless router that is always on. On sat morn i turned on my comp to find a solid link to the router but no adsl connection. Spoke to C/service to find no external reasons for this, i started to investigate.I have now found the reason and am a bit stumped . When i plug in the router and nothing else to the bt socket i get a good sync and adsl is great, yet the minute i plug in my phone to the splitter the line dropps and wont reconnect till i unplugg the wire. I have had both the router and phone for about the same time ( 6-7 months ) and have never had this problem before, i cant understand how one morning it can just begin to interfer with the adsl. I have tried a spare splitter i had and get the same result. Can you please offer some advice as to a possible solution , please dont just tell me to test another splitter as I will pull out my hair.
The router is a Sweex
the phone is Bt Freestyle ( 3 separate phones wiress to the base )

I took the base to the furthest point in the house away from router only to find it worked great until i plugged the phone into the socket and then all of a sudden the router downstairs dropped out ... not good...
HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP
3 REPLIES
N/A

Wireless help

Hi m8,

Very frustrating when things dont work as they should I know,

You might not want to hear this but if I was you I would try annother phone (not the splitter as you have tried that).
If you dont have one pick up a bog standard £5 jobbie from Argos or something reading your post it does scream phone fault at me.

Regards
N/A

Wireless help

I agree go to argos and get one - if it don't solve the problem take it back within 16 days and you will get a full refund anyway!
N/A

Wireless help

thanks to both oof you for your replies ,
to my amazment , after leaving the phone line out of the splitter so i could check my mails and do some surfing , the time came to plug the phone back in to make sure i was not missing any calls.
I watched the router as i plugged in the phone line ( within 2 secs the router starts to flash to indicate a loss of adsl ) but low and behold a steady light.
bizarre , so in a nutshell my adsl is all fine again , how for just 3 days my phone can interfer with my adsl but not for the other 8 months i have had it is beyond me but hey thats techology for you i guess.

WOOOHOOOO
/me is happy :lol: