Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2000 Administrator

shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Windows 2000 Administrator

I am borrowing a computer temporarily and need to access the System. However, it won't ley me. Can anyone tell me how I log on as an administrator in Windows 2000 ? I have only used Windows 98 until now ?

I would appreciate some simple advice. Thanks.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Windows 2000 Administrator

> I am borrowing a computer temporarily and need to access the System. However, it won't ley me. Can anyone tell me how I log on as an administrator in Windows 2000 ? I have only used Windows 98 until now ?
>
> I would appreciate some simple advice. Thanks.

You need the password, as Microsoft have designed NT4/2K to stop you doing just what you are trying.

There are programs avilable to do this, but they are not cheap ($100+) and I have never found a freeone.

Best advice, ask who ever u borrowed it from for a local user name and password or the Administrator Password.
N/A

> I am borrowing a computer temporarily and need to access the System. However, it won't ley me. Can anyone tell me how I log on as an administrator in Windows 2000 ? I have only used Windows 98 until now ?
>
> I would appreciate some simple advice. Thanks.

Hi there,

You'll need to be setup as a user to logon to the machine. The Administrator password is setup when the machine is installed (although it can be changed at a later date). If you haven't been given the Administrator password or a different user ID then you'll need to speak to the person who leant you the machine.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

I agree with whats already been said, although its always worth trying a blank password or just password

cheerio