cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win2000 problems?

N/A

Win2000 problems?

At work the Win 2000 server is having problems connecting to plus.net and the guy thats been going into fix the problem has said that it is a problem with you not supporting win2000 dial-up...

Unfortuneatly I'm not there (its my step dads work) but since I hadn't heard of this problem before or seen any postings on here I wondered how much truth was in it...

in short is the guy whos trying to fix it on desperate terms?

Cheers
Will
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Win2000 problems?

Hi,

We do support Windows 2000, in what way where you told we don't support it? Was this someone here you told you this?

Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen ............................... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant ................... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd .......................... http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
N/A

As I said I don't know the full details but from what has just been said, there is a problem with the server dialing to plus.net and the computer guy thats been sorting it out for them has said that you have told him that its a Windows 2000 problem...

However like I said, I couldn't understand that if there was a problem like that it would of been moaned about in here and you would of more than likly done something... I will have to tell the guys who work there to contact you directly I guess...

Thanks Chris

Cheers
Will
N/A

Hi,

Yes this all seems a bit confusing. I would recommend you get your "techie guy" to call our support team and we should be able to resolve this.
There is no problem with Windows 2000 and our services (most of us use it here).

Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen ............................... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant ................... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd .......................... http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
N/A

I use Win2000 and dialup to Plusnet normally without a problem.

The problem I do have and its a WIN2000 problem not Plusnet is that it fails to connet to the remote host. By a long process of islolation and listeming to dial tones worked out the modem was not dialing almost as though the number had been blacklisted by the modem (modems of old did this sometimes).

A chance guess by adding a 1 to the end of the number solved the problem and works fine. Every few works I get the problem remote server problem, change the number and hey presto straight in.

The only thing I can put it down to, but not certain is that it seems to be tied into a Windows Critcal update or maybe Symantec live update but no prove and I have looked for others that may have reported something similar.

> Hi,
>
> Yes this all seems a bit confusing. I would recommend you get your "techie guy" to call our support team and we should be able to resolve this.
> There is no problem with Windows 2000 and our services (most of us use it here).
>
> Thanks
> Chris
> --
> | Chris Rugen ............................... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Senior Technical Consultant ................... for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd .......................... http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------