cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we ever be able to speak to real CSA people again

N/A

Do PN have any plans to allow customers to talk to real support people again - like it was before - without running us through all those messages or otherwise making as difficult as possible.

Rod
7 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

It is still possible to go through the phone system and speak to a real person, I certainly don't think any of the people here at the moment are fake. Its just that the support centre is still extreamly busy at the moment.

As for the phone system itself, it isn't a case of making things difficult, we're wanting to promote a self help culture and want to make people as aware as possible that everything is available via the portal. Though at the same time we understand that some people have valid reasons for needing to speak to support, which is why there's the option to come through and speak to a memeber of staff.
N/A

Thanks very much for the response. I take it then there is no intention to make it easier to talk to someone. If this was not the case then perhaps there should be a speak to someone option on the phone memu.

Are they any plans to change the way phone support works?

Self help is fine IF you have a connectiona at all but when you do not, to be told to get support through the website is a bit infuriating.

Rod
Dewigog

May I make a suggestion to ease this particular problem.
Would it be possible to have a phone menu option, or a dedicated phone number, only for people with no connection. To prevent misuse if anyone uses this facility but does have a connection (no mind how bad) politely refer them to the other phone number or self help pages and then hang up.
This way people who have no connection would not be needlessly irritated by references to the self help webpages.
Just a suggestion
JonnyF
Grafter

Well, I for one couldn't find the option to speak to a real/fake person!

Can you please tell us the secret key presses to get through to someone....?

I can tell you how to get to the "cut me off" menu if thats any help (it happened to me twice)

Cheers,

Jon.
N/A

The cut off option is easy to find - in fact you don't have to press anything at all - the system manages it perfectly well all by itself.
Strangely enough though, whenever I've been cut off by the system, I've always had a brief period of background noise - as if the phone had been picked up - I guess it can't have been, because that would mean that somebody had deliberately hung up all those times?
shellsong
Grafter

I saw a post recently where someone reckoned they could get past the rubbish to being on hold by pressing the hash key until they got to the hold music but I gather you still have to wait til hell freezes over-- personally, I have yet to experience the joys of attempting to talk to someone at PN! Wink
N/A

Well, I for one couldn't find the option to speak to a real/fake person!

Can you please tell us the secret key presses to get through to someone....?

It is confusing, but I found and noted down - Option 1, then 1 again, then 2 but you have to wait for the menu announcement to start at each point. It's a valid set of options if you have no connection. I got to speak to someone after about 40mins or so.