cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will moving to a premier package speed up my Upgrade?

N/A

Hi,

I would find the increased uploads speed of MAXDSL very useful. The download speed is of little importance.

I am currently on the old Teleworker Pro package (PAYG).

If I change my package to Premier, would this guarantee an upgrade on the next billing date in May?

A friend of mine on Pipex just got his upgrade thorugh today....

Thx

Mike
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Don't upgrade - sit tight - I think your upgrade as a Teleworker Pro PAYG should happen fairly soon.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Forget to say changing package will NOT speed it up - orders are being placed on the status of users at 1st April - there is no queue jump option for faster speeds (yet).
N/A

Forget to say changing package will NOT speed it up - orders are being placed on the status of users at 1st April - there is no queue jump option for faster speeds (yet).

Thanks for that! Useful info. Its sit tight and wait or move to pipex and pay more...
N/A

So what does this mean then: ?

If you simply change your package, then this won't automatically put through a regrade order on your line. The only time this will happen is if you agree to pay the £14.99 fee for the regrade and your line is currently running at less than 2mb.

Surely he is saying that a regrade fee is there, its the product change fee of 14.99. Man I am so confused lol
Community Veteran

We should be getting more information in the next day or two about timescales - I suggest you see what's said and then decide.
N/A

I will pay the fee if its true. I'd rather it happen now than at an unexpected time in the future just when I am in dire need of a net connection :?
Community Veteran

So what does this mean then: ?

If you simply change your package, then this won't automatically put through a regrade order on your line. The only time this will happen is if you agree to pay the £14.99 fee for the regrade and your line is currently running at less than 2mb.

Surely he is saying that a regrade fee is there, its the product change fee of 14.99. Man I am so confused lol

That only applies if you are currently synced at 512K or 1MB. Basically, you pay the standard regrade fee to go up to 2MB and while they are about it PN bypass that and go straight to MaxDSL.

Unless you were missed by the free upgrade to 2MB, you were probably on a dodgy line or a long way from the exchange, so MaxDSL may not make that much difference anyway.

I think the best we all can all do is sit tight and see what news emerges about timescales.
N/A

this is what i was told yesterday

Hi was looking to upgrade my package from premier option 1 to premier option 2 for more usage but says that i would need to pay £14.99 was wondering what this is for if it gets me faster speeds this is fine would you please confirm either way
thanks
2006-04-20
03:48:30

CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Mrs bell,
There would not need to be a regrade fee, as you may not get the higher speeds until the end of september at the very latest.

Also, please note that if we were to upgrade you there would be no need for a regrade