cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will free upgrades be available before end of August?

Hoseman
Grafter

This is what Ive been told by CS and Ive also read it on some of the threads here. Is this definitely the case? So far Ive been told my upgrade will be in April, May, June, July and now it will happend before the end of August.

Have BTW provided some assurances (for what its worth) that these upgrades will take place before end of August or is it possible that those of use waiting for free upgrades will have to wait even longer?
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I dunno, but would tend to take the opposite view...
N/A

I was down for April and have been told the following:

"Sorry but at the moment there is no avenue by which we can persue this with BT. As it states on the upgrade checker 'Some DSLAM's require multiple visits which means that a particular customer's DSLAM might be upgraded at a later date.'

This really is the case and the dates are not given for these necessary visits as we do not have a schedule for them available to us".

A later date? - Next month? Next Year?

Plus Net should not make grandiose announcements about exchange upgrades and faster speeds and then leave their customers dissapointed and frustrated.
Community Veteran

It's out of PN's hands I'm afraid they have ordered the bulk regrades at £5 per user from BT it is now up to BT to supply them.
N/A

I'm glad that I haven't paid £500,000 upfront, no contract to say when completed, no way of talking about this to them.
N/A

'You get what you pay for.' They could have billed everyone £15 and then you'd get some kind of guarantee as to when it'd be done, But if they did that, people would whinge. They can't win either way since they have a lot of 'whingers' in their customer base judging from some of the posts on these forums. (I'm not saying you're one of these)
Some people (like myself) aren't bothered about when the upgrades will be done, they'll get done eventually and we're not being billed for it, that's all that matters
N/A

But as people have pointed out they made such a song and dance about it, in the same way that they continue to offer products that people are the first in the queue for a 4 or 8mb upgrade. If thay had said, we will offer free upgrades sometime before 2007 we would have understood and no one would feel miffed :lol:
N/A

Some people (like myself) aren't bothered about when the upgrades will be done, they'll get done eventually and we're not being billed for it, that's all that matters

Not being billed then why was I paying £39.99 for some thing I wasn't getting
channel
Grafter

'You get what you pay for.' They could have billed everyone £15 and then you'd get some kind of guarantee as to when it'd be done, But if they did that, people would whinge. They can't win either way since they have a lot of 'whingers' in their customer base judging from some of the posts on these forums. (I'm not saying you're one of these)

The commercial reality is that they couldn't have billed everyone £15 for it, since there are any number of other ISPs that are doing it for nothing. PN had no realistic commercial choice other than to follow suit.

I don't think you do always get what you pay for at PN. Just think about all those poor souls paying premium monthly prices for "up to 8Mb" speeds that PN are not technically capable of delivering.
N/A

Just think about all those poor souls paying premium monthly prices for "up to 8Mb" speeds that PN are not technically capable of delivering.

Not to mention no guarantees that their lines can support that speed. That could irritate a few people.

"I'm sorry but your line doesn't support 8 or 4 Mb. Thank you for paying us £18 for the last few months."

I'm also assuming they'll forget to inform the customer that he can downgrade to the "up to 2Mb premier" package. Either that or charge him £15 do it. :roll:
N/A

Will free upgrades be available before end of August? - No it would seem.

If you look in the "Inofmaion on free upgrades" discussion, it would appear we may have to wait until the end of September!! Don't hold your breath. Sad

In the light if this new information from Plus net, perhaps a more appropriate subject heading would be:

Will free upgrades be available before end of September?
N/A

was contemplating paying the 14.99 today because I was sick of waiting. However when I got home much to my surprise my modem was showing my speed as 2.3 meg, well 2 meg really or te be precise somewhere between 1.8 to 1.9 meg on average.

Finally after months of waiting it happened at last. To all of those of you who have been waiting since April like me, be patient it will happen. Although I wonder whether all the posts on the forums this week put Plus under pressure to give BT a good kicking? Cheesy
N/A

I was told by Plus in late July that:

"Once we have further information from BT we will email you to let you know when your account is being regraded and then again once the regrade had taken place/failed".

Regards,
---- --------

While I'm more than delighted the work was finally today, an email from PN informing me when my account would be regraded as noted above would have been nice. Another example of Plus promising one thing and failing to deliver. Don't get me wrong PN are generally quite good, particularly compared to other ISP's. However their public announcements and PR leaves a lot to be desired.

PN should work on their PR, they should not take their customers for granted.
N/A

Unfortunately in these cases it is BT who generally fail to notify Plus net that the work has been carried out thus making it impossible for Plus net to tell you.

There have been many cases lately where the first Plus Net have known that the upgrade has taken place is when the customer phones up asking why they are being throttled.

On this occasion, they may not be guilty. Wink
Hoseman
Grafter

I think PN can only go by what they are told which they are obviously relaying to us. Would be great if it happens soon (ie before end of August) but Im not holding my breath otherwise I'd be dead. Smiley