cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will connection be lost when my Product Refresh takes place?

N/A

<snip>
The implications that this will have are fairly simple. If you have a
billed date of prior to April 3rd, you will be transferred to the new
product range once your next billing date comes around.....
<snip>

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Communications Team Leader

Right well I'm away in India from 12 April - 30 April 2006. My next billing date is 25 April 2006 - so does this mean when my Product Refresh takes place on that day I'll lose connection? Because to be quite honest, there's nothing I can do to re-connect while I'm in India. If it's going to be the case that I'll lose connection, can I ask for any changes to be delayed until 25 May 2006? I mean I never really asked for anything to be changed anyway. Cheers in advance.
6 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

If you're using a router, then this should be able to pick the connection back up itself after the connection drops. But unfortunately there isn't any way to opt your account out of the changes, as the system will simply pick your account up on the 25th of April and carry out the changes.
N/A

If you're using a router, then this should be able to pick the connection back up itself after the connection drops. ,snip

I am using a router but does your use of should mean (i) should or (ii) will but don't quote me? Because I'm not terribly optimistic about the word should.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

The majority of routers do, but there are always stories of problems with the odd router. When you are disconnected during maintainence does your router require a reboot or anything or does it reconnect then? It'll only be the same as then.

Is there anyway the a user could pay an extra month or something on a card, and then have he billing date manually changed so that his next date would occur a month after? Actually I suppose the system would lake the 25th April as the anniversary as it does for those paying quarterly or yearly.

Phil
N/A

Well to be honest when my router gets disconnected during maintainence the connection goes belly up to put it politely and I have to mess about rebooting the router and setting up my saved config. I really don't want to lose my connection while I'm away so what are the ways around this pleae PlusNet? I didn't ask for any changes and it seems as though you're forcing them upon me. Is there no way around this - is there no way to delay this happening while I'm away?
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

What router do you have? Someone maybe able to give you suggestions on how to get it to auto connect if it is capable of it.

Phil
N/A

(I don't really want to post in public what router I have). The problem is that any p2p running will keep a connection, but browsing is stuffed because I get no connection from Firefox or when updating my antivirus - at all. And that is damn annoying to know that my antivirus won't automatically update while I'm away. Plus it is quite frankly unacceptable that I have to put with my antivirus not automatically updating while I'm away - because of changes forced upon me. The ironic thing is that I'll be leaving PlusNet when I return from India anway, so the changes or neither here nor there and I couldn't care less that they don't get done. Considering I intend to leave PlusNet when I return can't these changes be omitted from my line?