cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will PN compensate users of recent email problems

Community Veteran

Given that for most of the week a large number of customers did not have access to any e-mail, something which PN has stated:

"We regard email as an integral part of the service, and share your frustration when these issues occur."

Should PN not be looking at providing some sort of appology, more than promisesand the usual words of we are fixing it, for those who have been affected. PN have had e-mail problems pretty regularly recently this week has been the icing on the cake.

Personally together with no e-mail service, my domain was also killed off by the PN system at the same time so any mail sent to it was refused as PN system did not recognise the domain as being hosted on the PN system.

I beleive it time for PN to put their customers first and offer more than just words as an appollogy. Reduced fees next month of wiping out of deffered connection charges for those who wish to move to a more stable ISP.

Just read this from status page if it true then surely PN must do something.

The data storage issue is still under investigation at present so at this stage no timescale can be given for the resolution. Nor can we give definite information as to the scale of the data loss or any possible recovery.

A
7 REPLIES
N/A

I think the chance of compensation is very small.

It's an interesting discussion though, what do PN have to do to get to the stage where they feel obliged/compelled to give users something?
Community Veteran

Personally i think this week has seen to many serious errors not to do something.

If PN wish to be seen as leading the field then they need to do more than just talk.

We all have a contract with PN and they admidt e-mail is an integral aprt of the service. To potentially loose customers email twice in one week and just expect us to say it's ok we're not annoyed, is too big an ask.

mand, Dave etc are the public face of the company on the furums and on the net. It's about time someone in PN towers made a move to pacify the cutomers who are getting ever more ticked off with the current stat of affairs.

We know that they are tackling CS support etc and call times but to have this big a problem all week is not acceptable from anyones point of view.

A
N/A

Nah we wont get any compensation, we didnt get any last time the email went or the time before that. Or when the connection goes, or when the portal goes, or when ftp goes, or when you used to get slow speeds, or errr i must have missed something Tongue

Basically we have to put up with it or move on :roll:
N/A

Re: Will PN compensate users of recent email problems

I beleive it time for PN to put their customers first

Companies NEVER put their customers first unless they spell 'customer' p-r-o-f-i-t.

People should be compensated but PN have never done that in the past AFAIK. Maybe individually if you press them but as a whole? Unlikely.
N/A

Of course they will, they will disrupt normal connections next, as well as the ongoing email problems.
Community Veteran

They keep implying that they are trying to get be better than the big boys and and ISP people want to recommend. It's the perfect oppertunity to show they appreciate everyone who kepps them in profit even when they perform badly.

A
ceridwen
Grafter

It is one of the reasons, I've no intention of taking up PN's new phone service.

With BT, if there I lose my phone service for more than a few days (as once happened to me), you automatically get a refund for the period without service.

If PN follow the same attitude that they take with e-mail, broadband etc. you could lose your service for months, and still have to complain to trading standards etc. before any chance of getting a refund.

Matthew