Will I get 2MB or not

N/A

Will I get 2MB or not

At the moment I have a 1MB connection and
my modem says my line attenuation is
51 downstream and 30 upstream.
My SNR is
21 downstream and 27 upstream.
Will I be able to get 2MB with these values. I am a few miles from the exchange, not too sure exactly how many. Please say yes....
11 REPLIES
N/A

Will I get 2MB or not

The current limits for 2Mbit require 43dB downstream attenuation (or below). So currently, you would not be able to get 2Mbit. However, BT are expected to slacken these limits in the future, so anything's possible.
N/A

Will I get 2MB or not

dont suppose u have an estiamted future date do u?
N/A

Will I get 2MB or not

Hi there,

Bt have not released that infomration no.

Regards,

Rich
N/A

Will I get 2MB or not

ok, im on a 512k, heres screenshot of from my router,

Will i be able to get 2mbit? also do you know the limits for the new 4 and 8mbits that are coming?

Also, lol, what is the attenuation?

Thanks, Tim
N/A

Will I get 2MB or not

That's a very good line, you should definitley be able to get 2Mbit. The limits aren't known yet, but I'd predict you could get 4 and probably 8Mbit.
N/A

Will I get 2MB or not

ok, cool, but what makes it so good? what Line Attenuation?

Thanks, Tim
N/A

Will I get 2MB or not

A good line will have a low attenuation figure, and a high SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) figure. For more details please see the ADSL: Understanding Line Loss and Measurements tutorial.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Will I get 2MB or not

Hi,

Tim, those figures are better than my line, so I'd say that the higher speeds when they are available shouldn't be a problem and not a problem at all for 2Mbps.

mcgarrydware - at the moment I think 1Mbps may be as fast as your line will support, but one of the aims of the faster speed trials is to see how much they can push the speeds, so don't think you won't ever see anything faster.
N/A

Will I get 2MB or not

ok, just read the tutorials, thanks explained all, must mean im only about 500metres from the exchange, but i have never seen it, hmm, lol, anyway, thanks for the help,

Tim
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Will I get 2MB or not

Have a look at this

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

search for your exchange and there should be a link to multimap showing the location.
N/A

Current Router stats

I am currently on 1mb and have paid to be regraded to 2mb and beyond, should I have any problems with these ratios for higher adsl speeds in the future!! or should I pack the wife and kids up and move next to my local exchange.

Line mode G.dmt Line state Show Time
Line up time 0:09:37:44 System up time 0:09:38:11
Downstream speed 1152 Kbps Upstream speed 288 Kbps
Downstream latency Fast Upstream latency Fast
Trellis coding Enabled Loss of signal 0
Line attenuation 23 dB Loss of frame 0
Noise margin 5.5 dB CRC error 0
Line up count 1 Total error duration 0 seconds