cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildcard blackholing

Fixes: 132

Wildcard blackholing

I am now getting lots of emails where the last 8 characters before the @ sign are the same but any characters before that seem more random.

Is is possible to blackhole these something like *abcdefg@username.plus.com where * is a wildcard?

Regards

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Wildcard blackholing

Unfortunately not, we can only blackhole specific addresses or everything (i.e. the catch all address), we can't do a wildcard blackhole.
N/A

Wildcard blackholing

As a followup to the wildcarding question - which I understand isn't possible - can the restriction on minimum mailbox length be lifted, please?

I'm now passing my email through GoogleMail, which has done a pretty good job of weeding out the majority of spam sent to my principle domain - I had to move my domain to my hosting service, which went very smoothly, by the way (thanks, Bob [Pullen] for your help on that - but I'm still getting a fair amount of junk sent to a, b, c, d, e, or f @ jeremyrussell.plus.com.

The redirect to blackhole mechanism won't let me create an entry with less than two letters in the mailbox name. I realise this might contravene some internet RFC, but that would be kind of helpful in further reducing my spam intake!

Cheers,

Jeremy