cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Trial

N/A

Wi-Fi Trial

Any one know if this free PlusNet Wi-Fi trial will be open to Force 9 Customers as well?

We always seem to be treated as scond class citizens in the PlusNet empire these days, (couldn't participate in the @mail beta, no Firebox.com voucher offer in the member centre), so it would be nice if we could.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Wi-Fi Trial

Hi,

I've asked the question in our internal forums, but everyone's left for the day now so I probably won't be able to get an answer before Monday.

For the time being if you do want to use the Wireless Broadband service this weekend you can always register a PlusNet Pay As You Go account and add the wireless access to it for free. You'd need to add your card details, but so long as you cancel the service before the end of March you wouldn't be charged anything.

There's no 30 day notice period on the trial so you can always register today, use it for the next month and then raise us a ticket at the end of the next month and we'll just close it off.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Wi-Fi Trial

Just to add I have got answer. The trial is currently for PlusNet only due to the fact that we would have set up a seperate realm and login page with BT Openzone for Force9 customers (and for Free-Online too).
When you log in the Wireless Broadband service you select the ISP you use and then enter the username as just username rather than username@f9.co.uk

As we have different name spaces on Force9 and PlusNet, i.e. the same username can exist on each e.g. there could be another customer on PlusNet with the username mattworld, this hasn't been possible to set up.

As I've suggested above, register a free PlusNet account and you can use the trial for free until March.
N/A

Wi-Fi Trial

Thanks for finding that out for me.

I'll do as you suggest & open a free Plusnet account to use.