cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why?

N/A

Why?

Does my account here still seem to be active - portal shows my acount as being live, even though my new ISP reckon Im migrated over.

Ironically neither account is working at home and Im at work just now.

To admin - please don't delete this account on the forum just yet. Thats cowardly. Im puzzled as to why the control paenl shows my account as still being live..
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Why?

I don't know a lot about the migration process, but I think it may be your broadband has been downgraded to a free PAYG account.

Hence your account is still accessible via the portal, and you can use the dial-up number should you need. You can also access e-mail etc.

I think after your notice period, a script will run limiting post privilages to the free dial-up forum only.
N/A

Why?

I gave notice that I wanted to quit in October...

Moderators note by John (johnessex) full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Mand
Grafter

Why?

Hi

We automatically cancel accounts once we receive notification from BT that the migration is complete. We do not set the account to cancel on a specific date as this can cause an interruption in service.

It can take a while for us to receive the report from BT to say that the migration has completed, I'd be loathe to cancel the actual account if neither this nor your new one works though.

What does your new ISP say? Do they think that the migration is complete? Can you sign in to their service and connect ok?
N/A

Why?

First post will help you out.

I cannot connect to either. Well, I couldnt before I left for work.
Liam
Grafter

Why?

When checked manually, BT's systems show that we no longer own the circuit for your line - so you should be able to connect to your new ISP - unless there is a problem at their end?

Migrations generally result in a quick disconnection and maximum 20minutes downtime - and normally happen in the early hours of the morning - overnight.

Your account with us remains open until :

a) you advise us by ticket that your migration has completed, or;

b) we receive notification from BT in a report that the migration has gone through.
chymorva
Grafter

Why?

First post will help you out.

And manners would help you out !!

Mand was only trying to help, so why be so abrupt ?
N/A

Why?

I'm sorry, I lost all manners when I signed up to pn last summer.

Those days are done now Smiley

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran

Why?

Well I'm sorry,

Please don't shoot the messenger - you either want help or you don't. As was said previously, Mand was only trying to help you.

Please do not give people a hard time in the forum here as it is frowned upon most unfavorably, and just serves to alienate yourself from the community.

Just because you've had problems with the service don't mean you need to have the wrong attitude here. We've all had our problems, we just deal with it constructively and like adults.

Roger.
N/A

Why?

I'm sorry, but after the hastle I've had I feel entitled to let off steam here before the admin disable my account.

I've had nothing but bullshit since day one with plusnet. I'm now celebrating the fact I'm free.

I'm actually DOWNLOADING right now - something I haven't been able to do for the last few months. Gawd, this is good!

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran

Why?

Cool it please guys.