Did you mean: 

Why so very very very sloooooooooooow

N/A

Would PN explain what is going on please
6 REPLIES
N/A

Good luck....we've been waiting three days for an explanation ourselves...it seems people are already getting the MAC requests in again due to the lack of any explantions.
Community Veteran

A very sad day indeed, Ive seen many people come and go on these forums during my 4 years as a customer, I was once even that active I even volunteered for a moderators job. And had the tag Bright spark until my time became taken up with other matters in life.

Ive seen people such as pr100 and wadev come an go, I even had the "chesterfield 4" named after me. (be that good or bad)

But Ive stuck here. Through all the changes, all the product redesigns, the FUP, the SUP and Ive always given PN thebenefit of the doubt.

Sadly, the day has come when they have even managed to alienate a customer like me, one who uses maybe 5GB a month, and just likes to play lag free gaming and browse the internet with decent speeds.

It appears Plusnet will never admit the problem is to do with bandwidth, and the direction Plusnet has been steered has been to the detriment of the service at every turn.

Its a sad day, but I have requested my MAC too, its time bring the curtain down on my time here.

Good luck to all those sticking it out, and Ill soon be bidding a farewell to those who have made it a pleasure to visit the forums.
N/A

It's certainly a sad moment when a user like yourself (surely just the sort of person PN is trying to attract) requests a MAC.
But im not surprised in the slightest.
Ive totally changed my habits as well and am only using about 5gigs a month myself now..but i just cant stand it any longer and will be leaving as soon as its financially possible.
Im quite happy to pay 5 or 10 pounds a month more than i am now just to get a reliable connection, something i dont believe PN are ever going to be able to provide any longer.
Best of luck at your new isp....please PM me and let me know how its going when your with your new provider, as im interested in all the Ex-PN customers experiences, to help me decide where to go.
Community Veteran

I havent even made my mind up where Im going yet, but at the moment, I reckon I could randomly stick a pin in a list of ISP's and find something better.

Its a complete shambles, and what makes it worse is PN wont even say what the problem is, nor have they offered any real solution either. (other than yet more tweaking of the ellacoyas, which you would think they could do properly now given the time they have been in place).
Firejack
Grafter

Betting the reason Plus.net are keeping quiet is the guys at the top of the business are telling everyone to keep quiet about the fact they are out of capacity and need a significant and immediate investment in their infrastructure right in the middle of take over talks :roll:
Community Veteran

Correct.

If capacity is an issue, then it is very serious, as it will become clear that the profits were overly inflated due to under investment in the network.

In fact even if it is something other than capacity, it is now clear that the network has been under invested in.

The profit figures will have been used by people at BT to come up with a price for the business.

I those profit figures are proved to be artificially inflated by "intentional" under investment in the network, then someone could be staring down the barrel of a very large legal gun.

Hence why you wont see any discussion on here of exactly what the problem is, and they are only prepared to discuss the matter with select few of the PUG who have signed non disclosure agreements.

Im surprised BT havent taken action over this.

Indeed I beleive a faster way of getting results from PN is not to as them, but to bombard directors and managers within BT with links to various posts here asking them if they feel that they have made the right decision.

If BT withdraw, its likely to cost the directors of PN millions, which is clearly all they care about - so perhaps the disgruntled here should direct theor posts and emails in a totally different direction in order to get results.