cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Zonealarm going crazy with PN IP's?

Azagoth
Grafter

For some reason, ZA is going loopy today. Every blocked item is from a +net IP address. Why is this?

When it comes to these things I'm exactly up to speed, could someone please explain it?

Image attached. BTW, the log goes on for pages and pages.

8 REPLIES
mjtuohy
Grafter

I am using ZA and no problems here. Could it be something on your PC only.
Azagoth
Grafter

Not likely as all the activity is incoming only from a different IP than I'm on.
Community Veteran

Sounds like 2 infected PCs from other users are targeting your IP address.

This happens quite often and as long as it is not affecing your connection speed (i.e. you are getting 100s of these each day), you can safely ignore them and let your firewall do what is was designed to do and block them.

If you are getting a lot then report the 2 IPs to abuse@plus.net via the contact us wizzard.
Azagoth
Grafter

I'm getting at least 100 in 5 minutes. Sometimes there's like 3 on the same second but more thsn often it's one every two seconds.
Community Veteran

Then report it. It may not be solved quickly but PN need to be made aware so they can investigate / act.
jagger
Grafter

I've had this happening since I joined(not so bad recently).I use ZoneAlarm pro and it has always reported loads of this type of activity.

When I broached the subject with Pn they just said that it was normal network activity,and since ZA blocked it there was no need to be concerned.

Of course,that was in the early days with plusnet when I believed what they said.

I'd be interested in seeing the outcome to your enquiry.
JonathanW
Grafter

If you're getting that many hits in a short period of time, I'd certainly suggest reporting it to the abuse team so that they can investigate whether or not its an issue or if it is just regular background traffic.
Azagoth
Grafter

Reported it via the Abuse wizard last night, ticket #19244140. I thought I'd give it time to drop off, sadly it didn't.