cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why haven't plusnet suspended LLU to transfers to Tiscali

N/A

Given that they suspended MAX upgrades due to issues with service from BT, why does the same not apply to LLU transfers where the issues seem somewhat more serious..

The cynical amongst you may think its a financial issue....
9 REPLIES
andyhargreaves
Dabbler

Re: Why haven't plusnet suspended LLU to transfers to Tiscal

And I'll remain convinced that's what it is until something is actually done about it.
N/A

What other reason could there be? They are certainly not going to go through all the hassle "for the benefit of our customers".

An explanation from Plusnet as to why they chose Tiscali LLU instead of staying with MaxDSL would be appreciated by a lot of people I think... (Now, allowing the user to choose for themselves is a totally different matter).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Hmm, I say I have to agree there. Saves PlusNet money and it commits them to their agreed subscriber numbers and once someone is transferred, the bandwidth costs are lower I believe - especially if someone has no connection, they can't use any Wink

But my sarcasm aside, I wonder why Tiscali seem to be fairly unreliable. I am going on the number of posts made here when I say that, which is of course no definite guide. Someone who doesn't post here, who is moved successfully is unlikely to start posting to say all is well. But there seems to be a lot more posts here recently saying "Please look at my ticket x, I've had no connection for y weeks", and funnily enough LLU is mentioned in the thread.

Are Tiscali as bad as their awful reputation say they are? I've never had to use them, and it seems this is the case so I am happy to avoid them like the plague for the foreseeable future.
N/A

I would agree with the original post, if the problems are known, why keep transfering people. I was transfered last week but only found out when i had no connection the next morning and checked my emails from work.Still a week down the line and no connection. I used to use Tiscali and their predecessor World Online and changed to Plusnet because of their poor service, and now it seems i'm back with them without knowing about it! I had no opportunity to opt out.
N/A

Re: Why haven't plusnet suspended LLU to transfers to Tiscal

Ofcause it is. If you don't want to be LLU'ed migrate to BT while there is still time. lol

Annette
MysteryFCM
Grafter

But my sarcasm aside, I wonder why Tiscali seem to be fairly unreliable.

<snipped>

Are Tiscali as bad as their awful reputation say they are? I've never had to use them, and it seems this is the case so I am happy to avoid them like the plague for the foreseeable future.

A ton of us tried warning PN about Tiscali prior to the LLU rubbish (as an ex-Tiscali customer, I am well aware of their short comings) but we were told the wholesale side of Tiscali was better than the retail .... we still tried warning that it didn't make a difference, Tiscali is Tiscali irrespective, and alas, no notice was taken - they went with them anyway.
carrot63
Grafter

A family member had Tiscali as a dial up ISP till last year. Verdict? Abysmal; clueless overpriced tech support armed with a checklist and little grey matter.

A close friend worked for a virtual ISP supplied by Tiscali wholesale and regaled us with endless tales of the futility of trying to get them to do anything to fix customers ADSL problems - naturally they are (if only marginally) more interested in fixing their own dissatisfied customers connections via premium rate tech support. When I put to her the PN line that "this is Tiscali wholesale, which is entirely different from retail" she developed a nervous twitch and started giggling hysterically in a way that suggests prolonged exposure to Tiscali support induces PTSD.

When I was recently LLU'd by stealth by PN, she could only express her condolences and advise me to move.

The transfers are inevitably about margins, contracts and that delicious phrase that is the bane of consumers everywhere; "shareholder value". Product quality and customer satisfaction an inevitable last on the list.

Since I have yet to recieve an email or ticket notifying me of anything about my transfer to LLU (I was LLU'd 4 days ago without being advised in advance or since), they evidently think we customers should be the last to be told we've been moved, a policy that suggests that the less people who notice, the better.
Community Veteran

It's interesting that his thread was started as the decision to suspend LLU transfers has been discussed by PUG and PN for a while now and PN have finally decided to do the decent thing and suspend the moves. It is clear from PUGs point of view that the transfer to LLU has not gone well and there have been far too many problems reported. Hopefully, Tiscali will get their finger out now and get things sorted as there are a number of othr ISPs thinking of using Tiscali wholesale and this announcement is not going to do Tiscali's credibility much good in that respect. PN also need to get their house in order as they have also failed with this.

Full details http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1155316772.htm
N/A

Well Done PlusNet...