cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has plusnet destroyed their support system?

N/A

Why has plusnet destroyed their support system?

I've been with plusnet for about two years now and so far I've been satisfied with their service. When I joined it was quite easy to get through to somebody to ask questions, either by phone, by email, or by a rather good web ticket system.

This week I moved flat and I needed to contact plusnet to give them BT's start code for the line move. The phoneline has been gutted and cannot be used to reach a person. There is no email support anymore (that I could find on the website - correct me if I'm wrong). So I thought that I would use the ticket system.

The button for raising a general ticket has gone. Now it is necessary to jump through several levels of menu in the help wizard trying to find a complaint that matches. Whilst there is a separate webform for moving house it does not cover the eventuality that you have already sorted it out through BT and that you do not want your service disconnected while you move.

THE ONLY WAY TO GET IN TOUCH is to raise one of the precanned issues to initiate a ticket. I had to raise a 'I have been misbilled' query to get a ticket in the system. What the hell is going on with plusnet's customer support. Luckily BT managed to move the line + ADSL without plusnet's interaction and the new connection works. Meanwhile my ticket is unanswered in the system after three days.

This is not the way that a company should function. If you cut off all lines of communication with your customers then very soon you will not have any customers left. Luckily I am long out of contract and I am now looking around to see what other ISP's are in the market that do not attempt to shaft people quite so badly.
1 REPLY
N/A

Re: Why has plusnet destroyed their support system?

This is not the way that a company should function. If you cut off all lines of communication with your customers then very soon you will not have any customers left.

I agree entirely...