cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has Plusnet become a 'don't contact us' company

N/A

Your current system seems to be a very effective call avoidance system. WHERE IS THE 'CONTACT US' OPTION TO RAISE A NEW TICKET? That system was bad enough to use, now it seems its gone. Your online 'help assistant' is a joke when a customer has an out of the ordinary query. I have wasted 2 hours so far today trying to advise you of a very simple piece of information regarding my domain renewal. There seems to be no mechanism available any more to do this. Your telephone system is a joke and I don't believe you actually have anybody there any more.

Just exactly where is the support?

My current experience would suggest that your company be more aptly named MINUS.NONET.
26 REPLIES
N/A

Video of the process here

Alternatively,
Once you have been through the help wizard, a page opens to try and solve your issue. Upon closing this, the wizard should show three options. One to rate the help page, one to return to the start, and a third option to ask a question to the support team.
Click the third option, and the wizard will have already added some info to the ticket, to ensure it gets to the relevant dept. a bit faster.
timps
Grafter

James but, this does not take into acoount account the inordinate delays at the interface between BT/PN and the failiure of the ticket system to update EU's re any delays or to respond to requests for clarification

timp
N/A

No, of course it doesn't - I was merely trying to help with the question that was asked
WHERE IS THE 'CONTACT US' OPTION TO RAISE A NEW TICKET?

I am certainly not going to champion the system as the pinnacle of customer communication channels, rather just trying to point the OP in the right direction, which unfortunately is the best I can do. Wink
N/A

My problem is that I can't find an appropriate route through the help wizard, so its no help at all. Is there not a simple 'Contact Us' option like there used to be ?

I just want to advise PlusNet that credit card details have been updated and they should retry taking the funds to renew my domain. Which route through the wizard would you suggest is a appropriate?
N/A

The fastest way thgough to rais a ticket is via the Customer Services and Billing option, then Feedback.
This option however is unlikely to glean the most proactive response, since it will be considered a 'low priority' ticket I should think.

Perhaps faster would be Customer Services and Billing, then Billing, then I Have Been Billed incorrectly.

I know the staement isn't exactly true, but at least it will end up on the desk of the billing department.
N/A

James,

That is exactly the problem with automated response systems. They can only give answers to somebody's perceived idea of what they think is a valid list of questions. PlusNet's questions to which I can respond don't reflect my problem.

I did find the feedback option eventually. I'll now go through the alternative route you suggest. Thanks for your help.

Plusnet, if you are reading these, can you now see the difference a 'real' person makes to any given situation. Automation sucks, it rarely works, but it is very effective at upsetting customers. Can you afford to upset customers? I'd suggest not.

Thanks James.
N/A

I can see why they thought it would be a good idea to change the wizard, since before it was much easier to just bypass the system instead of answering questions along the way, as such all questions would just get lumped into the one inefficient queue.

The logic of having key words and phrases added to tickets makes sense to me, since they can be more easily sorted and routed to the people most likely to be able to help, but as you rightly say, it just frustrates people when they try to find a series of links which most accurately fit their problem.

Perhaps the next version will have a bypass option with a heap of tick boxes of a more general nature, so you can raise a previously undefined question, and target it towards say, the accounts department.

Its a tricky one to figure out, so I don't blame them too much for failing, but at least they have a try, try and try again approach to these things, so we may see some improvement in the future.

We are still stuck though, since now you have raised a ticket, it could take an age for the overstretched CS staff to get to it. Cry
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

I agree that our customers should be able to get through to speak with someone if they need to. We have taken the extra resources we had put on to clearing the question backlog, back on to the phones and call wait times have dropped considerably. We now have the dedicated faults line and we have taken on board feedback and have made it easier for customers to speak to someone via the IVR options.

I do however, disagree with your "automation sucks" statement. If it applied in the correct way it is increadibly useful. As a business we try and automate as much as we can so we can offer quality products at low prices. I know this sounds like marketing speil, but in reality there is no way we could be profitable with out automating. The Internet business is too ruthless for us to not automate as much as possible.

6 months ago I had to book my theory test and practical driving test. Both times I did it over the phone and neither times did I speak to an actual person. More and more things are becoming automated.

I fully recognise that automation is great when it works well, but if there is a discrepancy or the customer may have an issue that is not covered by x, y or z then it can be frustrating. This we need to make better. We happily hold our hands up to that and this is an ongoing process for us to continually improve.
timps
Grafter

Luke please see my post of today re diffs with ticket system (PN CS please look at this)

thx
timps
N/A

I do however, disagree with your "automation sucks" statement. If it applied in the correct way it is increadibly useful. As a business we try and automate as much as we can so we can offer quality products at low prices. I know this sounds like marketing speil, but in reality there is no way we could be profitable with out automating.

IF automation is applied in the right way it can be useful. It would appear that Plusnets system is not applied in the right way.
The extreme frustration show by your customers at the lack of being able to talk to someone,easily and quickly, would show the system is not working.
This has always seemed like a false economy to me.......Save some money by automating...Loose a lot by pissing off customers.
I would put my life savings on betting that at least 95% of your customers would want to talk directly to a human being.
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi,

I agree that our customers should be able to get through to speak with someone if they need to

Again I agree. We are not hiding from that fact. We are trying to find the happy medium between automating as much as possible, but allowing customers to contact our support team when they need to.

As has been well documented, we are in a transitional situation with the support centre. I am firmly convinced that once we have completed the Support Centre Evolution as well as perfect our automation, we will again be able to offer quality support in a timely manner, which in all honesty we have not done for the last 6 months - 1 year and is what we strive to achieve, but as we have learnt from previous mistakes we cannot rush.
xblade
Grafter

Hi Luke

If plusnet keep the automation system as it is at present, then customers will continue to be left confused and frustrated

Customer service satisfaction is still suffering badly and this will only lead to more people leaving. This is not something plusnet can afford

Customers are saying that the updated system is inadequate and unhelpful, why then not listen and help make it more assessable to the paying customer?

Regards
Simon
carrot63
Grafter

I fully recognise that automation is great when it works well, but if there is a discrepancy or the customer may have an issue that is not covered by x, y or z then it can be frustrating. This we need to make better. We happily hold our hands up to that and this is an ongoing process for us to continually improve.

Automated systems shoudl be a benefit for both cutomers and company, but like so many other processes they fail because the initial reason they were used becomes obscured by "mission creep" and they end up performing function for which they were never intended.

IVR systems are increasingly used to weed out customers who actually have no problem, but dont know it. Then some bright spark (in accounts) works out they can also deter customers who do have a problem, but very little tenacity - saving money on staffing. Then they can be extended further to give any customer the flick if they have the temerity to call at peak times, because the call centre is now understaffed (unless they are sales calls). Etc, etc. we all know the story.

Used for their original intended purpose such systems work well, but proof of the shift in thinking is found in how incresingly hard it is to post a ticket or pick the right option on the phone - its not an accident.
blowdart
Grafter

Once you have been through the help wizard, a page opens to try and solve your issue

Only if you have javascript turned on.

And some of us don't by default.

A help system that relies on popups and javascript certainly doesn't meet accessibility guidelines and, in my opinion, leaves PN open under Disability Discrimination Act, 1995.